Need clarification on how to sell my new maxx

JRizEJ6

Reaction score
So most know about the BOGO on the maxx. me and my wife had two available upgrades on our family account and decided to bite with the intention of me getting a maxx and selling the other one. after googling a bit ive found that in order for the other maxx to have a clean esn, we would first have to activate the extra maxx, then go back and re-activate my wifes ip4, thus giving the extra maxx a clean esn. is that correct? also, when selling the extra phone do i also give the 4g lte card that came with the phone to the buyer? or is that in some way tied to our account? after selling the phone, does the buyer then just go into verizon for his/her own lte card? Id appreciate any clarification, thank you in advance.

one more thing, this battery is INSANE.

TheOMB

Reaction score
I asked the exact same thing for the exact same reason yesterday. Yes got to activate the maxx u wanna sell, then reactivate the old phone on line. Then you got to take that 4G lte sim out, it goes with the line. Buyer will have to get there own which I believe is free from Verizon OR I did find Verizon Sim cards for sale for 7$ online but I ain't gonna bother to get one to sell. I think chances are the buyer of a no contract phone like the razr maxx may already have a sim, i dunno.

Also, I have not figured it the method yet but we can hard factory reset the maxx, I'm gonna work thru my maxx, to sell tonight, not take the plastic off front (i activated mine today with plastic on), bring old phone back onto line, factory reset the maxx, take the sim out and list it.

Yup battery and everything about this phone is killer. Only thing tho, is I can see to many pixels up close and in small font but no big deal for THIS price
Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think with Verizon, it has to be on there for 14 days. Not too sure though

sent from my RAZR MAXX

TheOMB

Reaction score
I think with Verizon, it has to be on there for 14 days. Not too sure though

sent from my RAZR MAXX

Can not find requirement to be activated for 14 days, it does say if you wanna return/exchange that must be done within 14 days.

Plus I'm seeing a pile of folks doing this on eBay, and stating so within the listing. Basically if you have a line eligible for an upgrade and you don't want or need a new phone on the line, it's worth it to renew contract, get the latest phone (activate then un activate) and sell it.

OP
JRizEJ6

JRizEJ6

Reaction score
I asked the exact same thing for the exact same reason yesterday. Yes got to activate the maxx u wanna sell, then reactivate the old phone on line. Then you got to take that 4G lte sim out, it goes with the line. Buyer will have to get there own which I believe is free from Verizon OR I did find Verizon Sim cards for sale for 7$ online but I ain't gonna bother to get one to sell. I think chances are the buyer of a no contract phone like the razr maxx may already have a sim, i dunno.

Also, I have not figured it the method yet but we can hard factory reset the maxx, I'm gonna work thru my maxx, to sell tonight, not take the plastic off front (i activated mine today with plastic on), bring old phone back onto line, factory reset the maxx, take the sim out and list it.

Yup battery and everything about this phone is killer. Only thing tho, is I can see to many pixels up close and in small font but no big deal for THIS price
perfect! thank you.
Better check the fine print to make sure you don't have to keep the phone activated on your line for a set amount of time.

This post is Incredible 2!
hmm, the vzw rep didnt say anything about that. can anyone confirm/deny that?

doggy2965

Reaction score
Phone only needs to be activated in their computers for contract to be extended. Call Verizon to activate they will put it on your account then put the iPhone back on for you in ten minutes. Then you are free to sell.

biggdave92

Reaction score
could i add a new line to my account to get the BOGO then drop the data plan on the new line, put my old razr flip on that account, and sell the maxx?

TheOMB

Reaction score
could i add a new line to my account to get the BOGO then drop the data plan on the new line, put my old razr flip on that account, and sell the maxx?

YES

And I just went through my steps with the 2nd phone. I activated RAZR MAXX online. Did not turn phone on or insert 4G SIM card. I called into Verizon and operator confirmed up "the plan". Operator confirmed new RAZR MAXX was active on line, then re activated the old phone onto the line. Also he confirmed I can send the 4G LTE SIM card to new owner/buyer. The sim card was not activated, they'll just have to call into Verizon to active phone and they'll give them a new ESN.

Now I'm taking a pic and packing it up.