Question about Jelly Bean and Titanium Backup

StiffOneEye

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question but bare with me. I have a MAXX HD and had it rooted before the JB update. I love TB and have it set to backup my apps weekly. But here's my question:
If I lose or damage my current rooted phone beyond repair and get a replacement, it will have JB already installed. And since I can't root the new phone because JB will be installed, how can I install TB and restore my new phone since you need a rooted phone to install and run it?

sl4sh3r

Reaction score
You can root JB with RAZR blade method. Google RAZR_BLADE.ZIP and run the batch file. (Windows)

JB will be rooted

My question is do you not want to re root?

Sent from my DROID r4z3r running JB

OP
S

StiffOneEye

Reaction score
I would like to re-root if I had to, yes. This was just a hypothetical question, my current phone is alive and well. I didn't realize JB could be rooted yet, I guess it was a dumb question

sl4sh3r

Reaction score
Haha its not stupid better to know then not know right?

KaChow

Reaction score
You can root JB with RAZR blade method. Google RAZR_BLADE.ZIP and run the batch file. (Windows)

JB will be rooted

My question is do you not want to re root?

I would like to re-root if I had to, yes. This was just a hypothetical question, my current phone is alive and well. I didn't realize JB could be rooted yet, I guess it was a dumb question

DO NOT FOLLOW THAT ADVICE IF YOU HAVE AN XT926. The important information that is being left out here is there is a JB root method that is for JB 4.1.2 which applies to the XT912 devices these are the Razr/Maxx series that ARE NOT HD. Considering this question is posted in the Razr Maxx HD section, ie XT926 this 4.1.2 root method is not meant for our devices. If you are interested in rooting, you still can even with the JB update. You will need return back to 4.0.4, here is an outline I provided.

xmguy

Reaction score
What I don't like I downloaded a Nandroid/Bootstrap program for the Razr HD. However JB has glitches. So I had to resort to Titanium Backup too. As for rooting I still use the standby of flashing to ICS then using OTA rootkeeper and upgrading to JB that way. VERY time consuming but works if done EXACTLY right. I backup all my apps and system settings.