Question About IP Address

Dovahkiin

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post here but I've been visiting for a while and have gotten tons of valuable info so thank you.

Recently I was suspended from a gaming forum and I tried bypassing it by creating another account, but they keep shutting my alt accounts down fairly quickly. They said if I create an alternate account one more time during my suspension I'll be banned. I was suspended under unjust terms by the way, but that's another story.

Now I did some research, here on these forums actually, and saw I could change my IP address by turning on/off airplane mode. When I did that and checked my IP, the first 6 digits are the same, but the last few digits are different. So, am I in the clear? Will the mods over at that forum be able to track me now if I create another account with this new IP even though the first 6 numbers are the same? Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Chances are they would figure out pretty quickly it was you since the number is still similar.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

OP
D

Dovahkiin

Reaction score
Chances are they would figure out pretty quickly it was you since the number is still similar.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

Really? They couldn't know for a fact it was me though, right? Is it possible other people could have an IP with the same few numbers? I don't know much about how they work, or how a mod would even know it was me? I'm thinking my prior IP is flagged since I'm suspended, so whenever I post with an alternate account they are notified or something, but since my IP is slightly different now that i did that airplane mode on and off thing, how would that work?

OP
D

Dovahkiin

Reaction score
Try registering by using a proxy server

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

How do I do that? So even with my new IP I'm screwed? What if I register a new account from a computer at my apartment leasing office, but post from the account from my phone?

Oowoon

Reaction score
Just wait it out. If you're suspended then it will be lifted soon.

OP
D

Dovahkiin

Reaction score
Just wait it out. If you're suspended then it will be lifted soon.

I was suspended for 1 month for "spamming post count". I don't come off suspension until July 2nd.

Wrenis Pinkle

Reaction score
Dood, you spamerz make some of the lamest excuses.

However, there are proxy sites on the "inter-web" and also some proxy software that lets you [ahem] "anonymize" your traffic in such a way that one would have a heckuva time trying to find where you were or came from.

When in doubt, RTFM, or LIUOG!

Happy hunting!

OP
D

Dovahkiin

Reaction score
Dood, you spamerz make some of the lamest excuses.

However, there are proxy sites on the "inter-web" and also some proxy software that lets you [ahem] "anonymize" your traffic in such a way that one would have a heckuva time trying to find where you were or came from.

When in doubt, RTFM, or LIUOG!

Happy hunting!

Thanks. So the airplane mode on/off IP switch isn't sufficient enough?

Wrenis Pinkle

Reaction score
by Dovahkiin:
In short, no... It'll still put you on a block of IP addy's that is owned by Verizon. You really need to get anonymous...

bplewis24

Reaction score
I doubt that airplane mode thing works. The IP address of your phone would change when you access from different wireless protocols (i.e.: wifi vs 3G) right? Have you always been accessing from 3G or has it sometimes been on wifi?

A proxy site is probably the only way to go. But I don't see why you would risk getting perma-banned for the hassle of using a proxy-site all the time.

Brandon

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Never is...Human nature takes over, The user feels good about his new account then starts the same crap as what got then banned in the first place. They are easy to pick out to those that are here alot.

OP
D

Dovahkiin

Reaction score
I doubt that airplane mode thing works. The IP address of your phone would change when you access from different wireless protocols (i.e.: wifi vs 3G) right? Have you always been accessing from 3G or has it sometimes been on wifi?

A proxy site is probably the only way to go. But I don't see why you would risk getting perma-banned for the hassle of using a proxy-site all the time.

Brandon

by Dovahkiin:
In short, no... It'll still put you on a block of IP addy's that is owned by Verizon. You really need to get anonymous...

I found a proxy site, but I could only view the forum. I couldn't post? Is there a proxy that'll allow me to post? I can view the forums right now just fine since I'm not banned, just suspended.

@bplewis I always have wifi off, so i'm always using 3G.