Question about installing Roms

want a droid

Reaction score
I'm currently running Epic Unleashed 2.5 with NexTheme 2.2. If I want to install Matt's Epic Unleashed 2.7, can I just install it over this, or do I have to go to my stock rom back up and then install it?

Thanks for help

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets see if we can't get you an answer over here. Doesn't look like your thread was getting much attention. I'm trying to find out too.

I just got a tweet: Only if the ROM framework is the same. If it's a different build, you have to wipe it clean.

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
I installed 2.7 over 2.5 successfully. So basically if I'm running 2.5 and I want to install one of MotaBoy's new roms then id have to go back to stock first?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I installed 2.7 over 2.5 successfully. So basically if I'm running 2.5 and I want to install one of MotaBoy's new roms then id have to go back to stock first?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Motaboy (now known as AngDroid) has his newest ROMs here (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/angdroid/88017-green-roms-v1-vzw_2-4-5-base.html).

If you're cautious (and that's a good idea in general when ROM-ing), you could:

1. Backup your current ROM
2. Restore your old backup of your rooted D2 before you installed Epic so you're on stock, rooted Android.
3. Install one of AngDroid's new 2.4.5 ROMs
4. Back up the new AngDroid ROM and now you can switch between Epic and AngDroid if you want to until you decide which one you like.

:)

Micah

Reaction score
To make it simpler, just back up-restore stock, and ROM up and keep backing up, but like stated earlier if you mix two frameworks, bootloop happened to me as i did it as an experiment.