1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question about installing Roms

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by want a droid, Oct 10, 2010.

1. want a droid

want a droid New Member

I'm currently running Epic Unleashed 2.5 with NexTheme 2.2. If I want to install Matt's Epic Unleashed 2.7, can I just install it over this, or do I have to go to my stock rom back up and then install it?

Thanks for help
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Lets see if we can't get you an answer over here. Doesn't look like your thread was getting much attention. I'm trying to find out too.

I just got a tweet: Only if the ROM framework is the same. If it's a different build, you have to wipe it clean.
  3. want a droid

want a droid New Member

I installed 2.7 over 2.5 successfully. So basically if I'm running 2.5 and I want to install one of MotaBoy's new roms then id have to go back to stock first?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  4. Redflea

Redflea New Member

Motaboy (now known as AngDroid) has his newest ROMs here (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/angdroid/88017-green-roms-v1-vzw_2-4-5-base.html).

If you're cautious (and that's a good idea in general when ROM-ing), you could:

1. Backup your current ROM
    2. Restore your old backup of your rooted D2 before you installed Epic so you're on stock, rooted Android.
    3. Install one of AngDroid's new 2.4.5 ROMs
    4. Back up the new AngDroid ROM and now you can switch between Epic and AngDroid if you want to until you decide which one you like.

:)
  5. Micah

Micah New Member

To make it simpler, just back up-restore stock, and ROM up and keep backing up, but like stated earlier if you mix two frameworks, bootloop happened to me as i did it as an experiment.