1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Epic Unleashed 2.5 Final Does Not Install

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by paulguy, Sep 19, 2010.

1. paulguy

paulguy New Member

I'm using a rooted Droid 2.

I tried doing this from the recovery menu (Using that clockworkmod bootstrap thing) as well as ROM Manager, and both start the process, say "Preparing Install" for a bit, then report "Install complete!".

When I reboot, nothing is changed, since the install didn't complete or do anything at all. Not even report an error.

I got the file from here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ep...-blur-gone-spray-all-those-annoying-bugs.html

I've tried copying the .zip file to the SD card twice, once with adb push and once with it as a mounted filesystem. I did an integrity check on it, and it passed with no errors.

I would like some advice on what to try next, because I seem to have covered all the known bases, and I can't find anyone else with this problem.
  2. romanrish

romanrish New Member

You need to mount system in recovery. When you boot into recovery I think its under advanced. Mount system. Install zip from sd. Reboot. I believe those are in the instructions.
  3. paulguy

paulguy New Member

Yeah, I found it a couple days ago. Most of the instructions I found didn't mention mounting /system. I don't think I saw a link to the instructions in the thread, so I had to turn to Google... I eventually found a decent guide on xda-developers.

Thanks anyway, though.
  4. inxane805

inxane805 New Member

jup mount/system 1st then install from zip =p
  5. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

haha was gonna post the same thing..but thankfully i found this post before i started another thread