Epic Unleashed 2.5 Final Does Not Install

paulguy

Reaction score
I'm using a rooted Droid 2.

I tried doing this from the recovery menu (Using that clockworkmod bootstrap thing) as well as ROM Manager, and both start the process, say "Preparing Install" for a bit, then report "Install complete!".

When I reboot, nothing is changed, since the install didn't complete or do anything at all. Not even report an error.

I got the file from here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ep...-blur-gone-spray-all-those-annoying-bugs.html

I've tried copying the .zip file to the SD card twice, once with adb push and once with it as a mounted filesystem. I did an integrity check on it, and it passed with no errors.

I would like some advice on what to try next, because I seem to have covered all the known bases, and I can't find anyone else with this problem.

romanrish

Reaction score
You need to mount system in recovery. When you boot into recovery I think its under advanced. Mount system. Install zip from sd. Reboot. I believe those are in the instructions.

OP
P

paulguy

Reaction score
Yeah, I found it a couple days ago. Most of the instructions I found didn't mention mounting /system. I don't think I saw a link to the instructions in the thread, so I had to turn to Google... I eventually found a decent guide on xda-developers.

Thanks anyway, though.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
haha was gonna post the same thing..but thankfully i found this post before i started another thread