question about apps ...

zero7404

Reaction score
i may be buying an android tablet ... i want to know if tabs like the galaxy, xoom are capable of running apps that phones are able to run currently ?

since the xoom runs android 3 and has a large screen, not sure if most of the apps available in the market will work with it ....

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
i may be buying an android tablet ... i want to know if tabs like the galaxy, xoom are capable of running apps that phones are able to run currently ?

since the xoom runs android 3 and has a large screen, not sure if most of the apps available in the market will work with it ....

I can run maybe 90% or more of the apps on my phone on my Xoom. While they can run, they may not have the greatest look on the tablet yet until devs update them when the source code comes out. Most of the apps just enlarge the same screen you see on your phone, so things are sometimes a bit large.

Games like Angry Birds and Stupid Zombies are MUCH better on the tablet than the phone. :)

When you get your tablet, and you log in with your Gmail account, you can download the same apps onto your tablet.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
sounds about right .... but seems a bit early still that honeycomb and apps are not yet optimized for each other .... devs will def have to issue tablet specific updates for what's currently in the market and used for phones ....

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
sounds about right .... but seems a bit early still that honeycomb and apps are not yet optimized for each other .... devs will def have to issue tablet specific updates for what's currently in the market and used for phones ....

There are a few great tablet optimized apps out right now. Pulse is one that is GREAT. Lets you pull news from various sources, as well as pulling Facebook status, wall posts and photos as well. Haven't messed with it much, but in the 2 days so far, it's been great.

When you go into the market on the tablet, the top category is "Featured Tablet Apps" with the ones that have been optimized for them.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
i want to get one for going on vacation, but seems the functionality is not quite there yet ...

wondering if i use my phone overseas with wifi enabled, would it still be able to function correctly (data-wise). im talking about connecting with different domains/ip portals than is intended when the phone is used in the states ....

sent via android

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i want to get one for going on vacation, but seems the functionality is not quite there yet ...

wondering if i use my phone overseas with wifi enabled, would it still be able to function correctly (data-wise). im talking about connecting with different domains/ip portals than is intended when the phone is used in the states ....

sent via android

It's your thread but I have to point out to you that you've gone way off topic. Phone questions should be in the thread associated with your phone.

However if you're simply asking if your phone can access the internet via wifi overseas, yes, it can.