Qualcomm Confirms New LG Superphone with Quad-Core Snapdragon S4 Pro

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Snapdragon_LG-logo.jpeg

For months now we have heard rumors of a mythical super-powered phone coming from LG. The phone will supposedly come equipped with a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro and Adreno 320 GPU that will dominate all benchmarks. That phone has now been confirmed (perhaps inadvertently) by Qualcomm. The chip manufacturer let this info slip in a public statement,

Qualcomm will supply the latest Snapdragon™ S4 Pro platform to LG, enabling LG’s new quad-core smartphone, which is currently in production with anticipated commercial availability in Korea in September and global rollout to follow. This smartphone will be the newest commercial and global device to offer a quad core CPU Snapdragon S4 processor along with 3G/LTE multi-mode capabilities, delivering a superior mobile experience for voice, web browsing, games, user interfaces and other graphics applications.

Although no names or specifics are given, these details seem to confirm that the device will also come using the APQ8064 platform alongside an MDM9x15 LTE baseband. This "leak" was interesting timing right before IFA, and suggests that this was a planned teaser... clever marketing department. We will share more info as it comes out of IFA in a few says.

Source: Anandtech

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It'll be interesting to see if the US version is quad core or if it follows the s3's footsteps...
Just my thoughts...

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if the US version is quad core or if it follows the s3's footsteps...
Just my thoughts...

That shouldn't occur. The architecture of this platform is designed to facilitate LTE as well as the quad-core chip. ;)

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did the overseas S3 Quadcore have LTE?
I cant remember. Thought it was just regular 3G.

The European version didn't..... but the Korean version had the quad core, 2 gigs of ram and 4g lte

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

armeddroid

Reaction score
The European version didn't..... but the Korean version had the quad core, 2 gigs of ram and 4g lte

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

Ahh ok.
And just as DGSTORM said, "The architecture of this platform is designed to facilitate LTE as well as the quad-core chip"
Thas wassup.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That shouldn't occur. The architecture of this platform is designed to facilitate LTE as well as the quad-core chip. ;)

Cool.. so this phones gonna be a brute..

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Korean version of the quad core was the Samsung Eqynox chip, not Qualcomm. Koreans LTE modems run on a different spectrum than in the US.