[Q] Not able to boot into recovery.

Dzmno

Reaction score
I'm using the R2D2 Droid 2 running 2.2. The first thing I'd like to know is if you have to hard root your phone to get ROM's to work or if using one touch roots [ex. Z4root] will work as well? The main thing I'd like to ask is why I can't boot into recovery mode. I've followed several different guides verbatim. Whenever I go to boot into recover mode, the phone just restarts instead and I get no recovery mode. Ultimately, I'd like to get CM7 working. I've been hearing that the R2D2 phone acts a little strange when trying to use the same method for the normal Droid 2, although I could be completely wrong. Thanks in advance.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm using the R2D2 Droid 2 running 2.2. The first thing I'd like to know is if you have to hard root your phone to get ROM's to work or if using one touch roots [ex. Z4root] will work as well? The main thing I'd like to ask is why I can't boot into recovery mode. I've followed several different guides verbatim. Whenever I go to boot into recover mode, the phone just restarts instead and I get no recovery mode. Ultimately, I'd like to get CM7 working. I've been hearing that the R2D2 phone acts a little strange when trying to use the same method for the normal Droid 2, although I could be completely wrong. Thanks in advance.

You have to root your phone to get ROM's to work. Now to get into recovery you have to install the bootstraps. Once those are installed, you can boot into recovery. You will also need the bootstraps to install your custom ROM.