1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Q] Development Help

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by pkbest, Mar 17, 2011.

1. pkbest

pkbest New Member

OK, so, I've done some research. I installed Eclipse Classic on my computer, and I have to install the Android SDK Add-on tonight, but I wanted to know a few other things. What are some good resources (other than android.com) to start creating ROM's? I have taken apart a few roms now, I've made a couple themes (all of them for D2 when I had one), and now that I have some extra time on my hands, I'd like to start compiling again. However, are people running Ubuntu to compile these packages? Or is there a windows alternative? I used ubuntu, which was "ok". I had to reboot to windows to do the rest. I've tried asking these questions on XDA but they seem VERY new Developer un-friendly.