1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Learning about developing android games

Discussion in 'Android App Developers' started by Diordna, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Diordna

Diordna New Member

And want someone who is willing to help me get my foot in the doors with the SDK and Eclipse/ plugins and stuff. It's so much and no matter what guide I read it's complicated and btw I'm running Ubuntu so anyone know if that changes a lot? I know it's more complicated OS but idk I just need help, with an actual person kind of there to help a little even because these guides and links and stuff idk what I'm doing anymore lol.

Thanks to whomever developer(s) help!:)

Also I've been following this kind of:

Getting Started in Android Game Development | Robert Green's DIY

So before posting you can skim through that a little at least to after the SDK and Eclipse part, which is in way beginning lol...
  2. Diordna

Diordna New Member

Anyone willing to help me?
  3. CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze New Member

So have you installed the SDK and Eclipse? I'm still learning Android myself and I've been playing around with AppInventor, but outside of AppInventor my number one recommendation is to get a decent book like Beginning Android 2 and Android Programming Tutorials.

I have Eclipse and the SDK installed on Windows 7 and MotoDev on Ubuntu, because I wanted to check out MotoDev, which is actually eclipse based. I haven't found any major hurdles to overcome between the two OSes.
  4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Moved to the development section.
  5. Diordna

Diordna New Member

Thanks for the post!
    Here is a question I recently posted on this site, and you can read through my questions and the answers people gave me to know exactly where I'm at and tell me what you think :)

How do I get and install the Android SDK on my Ubuntu OS? - Game Developers - Stack Exchange
  6. Diordna

Diordna New Member

Curses! >.<