Q&A With Sanjay & Details on DROID Bionic Delay

Geikamir

Reaction score
Translation: If you want something that works, go with the Thunderbolt, cause we have no clue what we're doing right now.

Sorry Tested the TB for a couple of days. I got better battery life from my Storm rebooting it 5 times a day. And much better battery life from my old DX I gave to my wife. I will pass on that phone.. rather keep my Storm1 or get an Dx rather then purchase the TB... The Evo 3D should of been the TB then I would consider it. Dual Core is the future. I will Purchase a Dual Core phone this Summer!!! If it GS2 or Targa/Bionic!!!
Thats fine... you can continue to wait for a phone that is still only rumored to come out... one that has already failed once... one that has been plagued with issues from the start... one that has no guarantee of ever working...

I'll just be fine and happy with my phone that is not only working, but working well. You complain about battery issues... I have not had any of these issues. The battery drains, sure... but no moreso than my Droid did...

To each his own, I guess

This reminded me of this: Choice-supportive bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Textbook case, IMO.

Didn't expect this to be my first post on these forums, but oh well, lol.

dominick_7

Reaction score
I hope it winds up looking more like the Etna, rather than the Targa. The Targa looks like every other phone out there. The Etna looks really sweet with those rounded corners!

Don't know how anyone else feels about it, but I'd MUCH more prefer the Targa, with its aluminum looking sides, the sweet looking camera that looks very different from anything else I've seen. Looks very sleek. Really don't care for the plain-ness of the Etna, or it's soft edges.

Beardface

Reaction score
And now the Droid 3 comes with no 4G...

Something tells me Moto has absolutely no clue on how to handle the Verizon LTE signal. It might be worth it to hold off on a LTE Moto device for a generation or two to make sure they get their issues worked out. At this point, its all but guaranteed their first LTE device will be plagued with data signal bugs.

gsdreams

Reaction score
By now I thought people would understand rumors are just rumors. We honestly know nothing about what Motorola has coming yet.

As for those touting the thunderbolt, it has and had issues. If Motorola wants to resolve more of those issues before releasing a 4G phone (like the swap between 3G/4G) then all the more to them.

If they fix the battery life on top of that then Moto's 4G phone will surpass the TB.

But at this point all of it is speculation.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
I was able to participate in the conference calls. The article left out some of the more interesting and important details. Here's the missing transcript:

Question:When the bionic is released will it resemble more closely the Etna that we've seen or the targa that we've heard about?
Motorola(Sanjay) Yes, I do like chocolate cake. I think I'll have a slice.

Question:But the bionic will definitely be dual core and LTE?
Motorola(Sanjay) We expect our stock prices to react accordingly

Question:Some people were asking why the bionic only has 512mb ram when its twin the atrix has 1gb. will these enhanced features include more RAM?
Motorola(Sanjay):We are quite happy with the quality of pictures that the DroidX is capable of taking.

I'm not sure how those questions got left out of the article, but it gives tremendous insight as to what we can expect.

See, I hate when they leave good info out. This all makes sense. I mean, the DX pic quality was amazing... I can't WAIT to see how fast the Bionic will be. I mean, if the X can take an 8MB pic... the Bionic is going to be SCREAMING fast. :icon_ banana:

dominick_7

Reaction score

Something tells me Moto has absolutely no clue on how to handle the Verizon LTE signal. It might be worth it to hold off on a LTE Moto device for a generation or two to make sure they get their issues worked out. At this point, its all but guaranteed their first LTE device will be plagued with data signal bugs.

It could also just be they see a big market with no 4G coverage and are catering to them.

gsdreams

Reaction score

How do we know the Droid 3 doesn't have 4G? That is what I am trying to figure out. I googled it, searched sites, and I could find nowhere that states whether it will or won't have 4G.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

How do we know the Droid 3 doesn't have 4G? That is what I am trying to figure out. I googled it, searched sites, and I could find nowhere that states whether it will or won't have 4G.

Not sure how you missed it but pretty much every rumor has been that it will not be 4G. It's been on both Droid Life and Howard Forums.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

gsdreams

Reaction score
I don't take much stock in rumors on forums, that is usually just people speculating.

Will wait and see as there are other places, as recent as the 22nd, that say it is expected to be 4G.

Reaction score
Question: Does the push out of the Bionic impact the product lineup for the backend of the year or does the Bionic overlap other products you planned to put out in Q3?
Motorola (Sanjay): As we saw that that product (original Bionic) was pushing out a little bit, we worked with our partners at Verizon Wireless and re-featured the device and we believe that the result of it, we will have a much better device. We had another device which was a potentially…which had different features than…and we brought in some of the features to deliver what we consider to be a higher feature device that will launch as we go forward into the summer.
Follow-up question: Can you say anything about what the features would be?
Motorola (Sanjay): My anticipation is that it will be an important device for us.
Bionic delay due to 4G issues – Launching at same time as 4G on XOOM:

Question: What kind of precipitated the Bionic delay – your side or the Verizon side? And on the XOOM, the 4G, is that kind of the timing over the summer that you had talked about before? Is it possible that the XOOM and the Bionic – does the timing of 4G on the XOOM have anything to do with the change in plan of the Bionic or completely different issues?
Motorola (Sanjay): They are related and it is to do with the timing of 4G for us. That is the issue that delayed us. We are engaged with all of the providers in the industry and we feel very comfortable with the fast forward here. We believe that we will launch both devices with 4G capabilities in the summer here.
Follow-up question: So once you sell one, you sell the other and they both come out at the same time?
Motorola (Sanjay): You got it.
More on the Bionic delay – Hardware or software issue?:

Question: On the delay of the Bionic was it a hardware chip side issue or software issue or a response to the competitive landscape?
Motorola (Sanjay): It was really a software issue of getting the performance to a place that both ourselves and our partner Verizon Wireless were comfortable launching the device. And as you understand there is a great deal of complexity in launching any new technology like this and that was probably the main matter at heart here..

Translation: If you want something that works, go with the Thunderbolt, cause we have no clue what we're doing right now.

Sorry Tested the TB for a couple of days. I got better battery life from my Storm rebooting it 5 times a day. And much better battery life from my old DX I gave to my wife. I will pass on that phone.. rather keep my Storm1 or get an Dx rather then purchase the TB... The Evo 3D should of been the TB then I would consider it. Dual Core is the future. I will Purchase a Dual Core phone this Summer!!! If it GS2 or Targa/Bionic!!!

Wow, I mean WOW! The TB mush be a serious piece of Junk for someone to prefer a Storm1 over it. I would go back to a non smart flip-phone before I would use a storm1 again.

Glad I didn't get a TB. D2 until Bionic comes out.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I don't take much stock in rumors on forums, that is usually just people speculating.

Will wait and see as there are other places, as recent as the 22nd, that say it is expected to be 4G.

Not the guys at Howard Forums. Pretty much perfect records.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk