Put the original Droid to rest...on to the X

FootballRef

Reaction score
Well, my ear speaker on my Droid became started having all kinds of static. I returned it to my local Verizon store. The rep was going to have a CLNR sent to me and said it would arrive in a couple of days. He then asked if I was happy with my D1. I said yeah, but I would like to have an X. Low and behold, I leave the store with an X and I have a CLNR D1 coming in the next couple of days.

What I did, we added a 5th line to the account. He charged me ($250-$100 rebate) $150 for the X. I am going to receive a D1 that is free and clear, I should sell it to cover costs of the X. I am going to give the D1 to my wife and we will be a Droid family...well, 2 of the lines.

I am now the proud owner of an X and will love it once I get my rebate and get to phone price paid for.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do some searching around on the discounted rates people are getting. I think you can do better then that.

Nubbie

Reaction score
Root your new D1 and use as a toy. then use the X as your regular phone.

OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score
Root your new D1 and use as a toy. then use the X as your regular phone.
The wife is going to take the D1. She is due an upgrade at the end of January. With her taking the D1, we won't be forced to use our upgrade. Not that we would have been forced any way, but we would have used it. Now we won't.