Pulse Notification light Ques

trackman1

Reaction score
Just curious I have my phone less than 2 weeks...at first the pulse light would flash when I got a txt or email..now for some reason it stopped flashing....my question is could something else could have caused this to happen??, or is it all of a sudden a hardware problem.........FYI the pulse notification box is checked

thanks

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you tried restarting the phone?

Nexus using Droid Forums

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
if you mean power off and on yes.....unless you mean something else???

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmmm that should've fixed it. Check the settings of the apps that need a light.

Another app that does a better job at pulse notifications is Light Flow, I suggest you give that a shot.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
My LED light has never worked stock. I have to use Light Flow and it sounds like you are now in my boat! Welcome :biggrin:

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
thanks its just weird it worked for a bit now doesnt...so this app lite flow will do the trick????

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
thanks its just weird it worked for a bit now doesnt...so this app lite flow will do the trick????

Light Flow didn't work for me until I rooted (I was only unrooted for about an hour). I have the paid version.

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
thanks for info...i will pass on using light flow...i read what the app collects data, cc etc..not willing to risk it...I will live without the pulse light....just strange that its a new phone worked up to a few days ago

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
thanks for info...i will pass on using light flow...i read what the app collects data, cc etc..not willing to risk it...I will live without the pulse light....just strange that its a new phone worked up to a few days ago
I've been using Light Flow since I can remember and I never had any issues with it. I haven't had any of my info compromised since installing it or any other app that collects data, for that matter. Many of the apps you use everyday collect more data than you think.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score

That is a standard warning message in Android. I am not saying Light Flow is clean, as I have never used it. But it is a popular app, and I have never heard anything bad about it in the stolen files. The app has been around for quite some time, probably around 2 years (maybe more), I would think it would have been pulled off the market if they were doing something malicious by now.

If you look at the permissions used by the app we do not require Internet Access or the ability to send SMS / Mail messages so the app could not do anything with captured details anyway!

^^ Light Flow - FAQs <-- about the permissions it requires and why, and the warning you see.

Of course, you use your best judgement, if something is telling you to not trust the company/app don't trust them.

I can't be of much help on the non-functioning notification light. I haven't had the problem, and while I vaguely remember reading threads about it, but I don't recall fixes. Perhaps try an alternate SMS/MMS client (Go SMS or Handcent perhaps)?

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
thanks for all your assistance and advise ,,I think since the phone is less than 2 weeks old I will bring it back to verizon and have them check it out first.....If it is something they could easily fix,,because it was working then just stopped....

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
have you tried clearing the cache/data of the messaging app or calendar (whichever app uses pulse)?

OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
no ...I just did now....I sent a test email to my gmail acct.....but i still didn't get a pulse light

Last edited:
OP
T

trackman1

Reaction score
just tested gmail and yahoo email accounts.....now the pulse is working....