Email notifications no longer working

panthergirl

Reaction score
I've had the Android 4 Galaxy Nexus for about three weeks and just about three days ago all email notifications have stopped working. That would include email notifications in the System bar, the email ringtone and the little flashing light at the bottom center of the phone.

I've checked and re-checked all of the settings and all are turned on. I also de-selected and re-selected and powered down and back up again to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

nubby

Reaction score
A few days ago, my phone rebooted and it turned off all my accounts from syncing. Just a suggestion.

OP
P

panthergirl

Reaction score
Hi Nubby,

Thanks for your reply. It's been driving me nuts so for the last several days I've been searching the web for an answer and quite by accident I finally came across one yesterday and you are correct it was the syncing.

There's a "power bar" widget that was pre-installed on my new Galaxy. It's comprised of five icons one for wireless, bluetooth, location, syncing and brightness and you press to turn on or off. The power bar is not on the home screen but rather on the screen when you swipe to the right so in other words it's not in plain view. Apparently I must have accidently pressed the syncing icon and didn't realized it turned it off.

So now all my email notifications in the system bar and email ring tone notifications are once again coming through. Yeah! However I still need resolution to the pulse notification light. Again it used to flash when I would receive an email but now it doesn't.

Ain't technology grand? LOL.

nubby

Reaction score
Do you use lightflow? It is great for customizing the colors, frequency, rate of blinking, and will also control vibrate, and allow for continuous notification until cleared.

Nita9

Reaction score
Thank you, Panthergirl!

Hi Nubby,

Thanks for your reply. It's been driving me nuts so for the last several days I've been searching the web for an answer and quite by accident I finally came across one yesterday and you are correct it was the syncing.

There's a "power bar" widget that was pre-installed on my new Galaxy. It's comprised of five icons one for wireless, bluetooth, location, syncing and brightness and you press to turn on or off. The power bar is not on the home screen but rather on the screen when you swipe to the right so in other words it's not in plain view. Apparently I must have accidently pressed the syncing icon and didn't realized it turned it off.

So now all my email notifications in the system bar and email ring tone notifications are once again coming through. Yeah! However I still need resolution to the pulse notification light. Again it used to flash when I would receive an email but now it doesn't.

Ain't technology grand? LOL.

I have been scouring the web this morning to find an answer to this. I just could NOT figure out what I had done. Came across your suggestion. Had it fixed in 30 seconds. Much appreciated.