PSX4DROID Game Compatibility List

UNC

Reaction score
Moto Droid 2.2

Castlevania SoTN - Completely playable with slowdowns
Tekken 3 - Unplayable
IQ - Playable
Jet Moto - Playable
GTA 2 - Loads and runs great, but layer with characters is missing... Unplayable
Final Fantasy Tactics - Playable
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 - Playable
Syphon Filter - Unplayable

Next up - Driver

azazin

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy S:

Driver 2 - Playable (Great)
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped - Completely Playable but some slight graphic bugs. (Great)
Disney's Hercules - Completely Playable (Amazing)
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4: Playable but serious texture issues.
Populous The Beginning - Playable but needs R2 and L2 for some functions. (OK)

Last edited:

kevenz

Reaction score
I'm going to try some and report back.

I have: Motorole Milestone at 1GHZ

-Castlevania SOTN, works well but is quite slow.
-Dodonpachi works but freeze at loading screen when loading the first level.

I hope the next version will feature a frame skip option.... it will speed up many games like Castlevania I guess.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
zod decided not to integrate a frameskip options cause he said it wont work with many games and could cause some problems.

shiyou

Reaction score
resident evil 1-3 will run great and i didnt test it, ya know why? because im smart
for u people who still dont understand, resident evil 1-3 uses pre-rendered backgrounds and that uses less resources then 3d models, duh!

cheesejam

Reaction score
Blitz 2001: Works really well, everything is great.

Wipeout 3: Everything works good. Sound is a bit choppy.

BattleTanx Global Assault: The game itself works perfectly, but the load times are PAINFUL.

ClausG76

Reaction score
Motorola Milestone 1000 mhz and jit enabled

Command and conquer red alert retaliation runs OK (The opening demo desn't run fluid though, but the games runs well)

Medal of honor works very well. But we need L2 and R2 support, to control it better

Silent hill loads and runs very well, but there is an error in the graphics (There is a big square around the man you control)

Ridge racer Type 4 runs slow, like 40 % speed that goes for Gran turismo 2 as well

Bushido blade runs a little slow and only fills half the screen.

shiyou

Reaction score
resident evil 1-3 will run great and i didnt test it, ya know why? because im smart
for u people who still dont understand, resident evil 1-3 uses pre-rendered backgrounds and that uses less resources then 3d models, duh!

fritomaster

Reaction score
Medi Evil 2: Will not start.

Mortal Kombat 4: stock droid runs at about 60% oced to 1.1 it runs almost perfect. Sound is staticy.

Tench 2: Runs at about 60% speed oced... and the smooth groups(or the playstation equiv) are wonky and make stuff look pointy.

MGS 1: Doesn't go past menu.
Tomb Raider 1: Doesnt get past menu.

kevenz

Reaction score
zod decided not to integrate a frameskip options cause he said it wont work with many games and could cause some problems.

Well..... I think he should put it anyway.

I remember the psx emulator for nintendo wii run quite slow but with frame skip it was twice faster.

fritomaster

Reaction score
Guys we should keep the posts here only if we have a new game to add to the list.. That way its easier for the main poster to get it all into 1 big list :p
I know its ironic cause im doing what Im telling people not to but yea.

stevieraveon

Reaction score
Castlevania - Symphony of the Night ~ Playable. The scrolling text at the beginning (I think tells you the story's background) is garbled/missing letters. Sound is bit of static.

Final Fantasy VII ~ Playable. Only played the first five minutes...so far so good.

Syphon Filter ~ 989 Studio logo comes up and looks great. But then I get a black screen:(

Gran Turismo ~ Looks and sounds great all the way up to the start of the race then the car goes/stops/goes/stops/goes/stops...

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, and 3 ~ Works great for all three. Audio gets a bit staticky no matter the volume level.

Crash Bash ~ Looks and sounds great. No slow down, audio issues, nothing. This might be the best one I've found.

Crash Team Racing ~ Gives me the option of PAL or NTSC. But after you choose the game goes in the gutter. Horrible audio then freezes.

Devil Dice ~ Just get a black screen. (Surpisingly this is the game I want the most. Blasted!)

Parappa the Rapper ~ Looks and sounds great. (Never played it so should be fun when I got some down time.)

***Headphones seems to reduce some of the static. Guess the speakers can't handle so much noise?***

I'm using a Motorola Droid / Bugless Beast v0.4(froyo) / 1000 mhz / Game Gripper (Am I missing anything?)

Sileem

Reaction score
Moto Droid 2.2 (bugless beast)
Final Fantasy IX (U) - Does not work, screen turns to garbage and quits when you first play as vivi
Castlevania SotN (U) - Does not work, quits to menu immediately

Diordna

Reaction score
FINALLY got a game to work!
Which is Spyro 3 lmao

It is definitely playable and pretty cool. Not a fan of the online controls so I'm now real happy I got the game gripper. I haven't tested it yet though but I'm sure it'll be a lot better lol

Anyone else with game gripper that can vouch that it helps a lot?

Diordna

Reaction score
Ok well out of nowhere the DPAD (both online and physical) and the X Triangle O Square buttons stopped working for also both online and physical. But the start and select work.. hopefully they're start working again!