Proximity Sensor Issue with AOSP Dialer

kacsmith87

Reaction score
I've recently gotten into loading custom roms/themes on my Droid X and have gone a little overboard in the last few weeks. I have tried rubix, liberty, and Apex just to name a few.

The problem I'm having is with the AOSP dialer I am having proximity sensor issues which result in the phone intermittently turning the screen back on which enables me to hang up the call with my face. As you can imagine this is a major problem and requires a lot of effort to prevent this from having, mainly resulting in me using speakerphone a lot which I'd rather not do.

The problem happens with both Liberty and rubix, so it's not only one rom, but maybe it's because they are both based off of gummyjar. I don't have this problem with the blur dialer found on Apex 1.3.1.

ANyone else have this problem or should I maybe try out a non-gummyjar based rom to see if the problem persists.

I really like the AOSP roms and would love to be able to use them 24/7

LT1UltraZ

Reaction score
settings...call settings...check ALWAYS use proximity :)

thats for Liberty Rom. Not sure about others.

SyNiK4L

Reaction score
Also. If u have drioid overclocker or the liberty toolbox. In miscellaneous. Build properties. There's an option for proximity delay. I played around with that option and seemed to help me

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
K

kacsmith87

Reaction score

I think that was the issue, would come off when i switched it to "landscape" while talking.

Didn't find that option nuder rubix so just running Liberty 1.5 right now, and loving it.

Steven58

Reaction score

TY, I needed this. My proximity sensor wasn't checked and I was hanging up on clients. I thought the PE was automatic.