Proximity Sensor and Dialer

Tomaster

Reaction score
So this has been a pretty persistent problem throughout all the ROMs I've installed. I'll receive or make a call, have my conversation, and then if I don't end the call manually by hitting the "end call" button, the phone freezes and looks like it's off. The only way to fix it is to either take out the battery and restart the phone, or wait a variable period of time for it to work again. This is a pretty big problem when the proximity sensor doesn't want to work all the time, so even when I take my phone away from my face, the screen still remains dark, and I can't hit the button. Can anyone help?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So this has been a pretty persistent problem throughout all the ROMs I've installed. I'll receive or make a call, have my conversation, and then if I don't end the call manually by hitting the "end call" button, the phone freezes and looks like it's off. The only way to fix it is to either take out the battery and restart the phone, or wait a variable period of time for it to work again. This is a pretty big problem when the proximity sensor doesn't want to work all the time, so even when I take my phone away from my face, the screen still remains dark, and I can't hit the button. Can anyone help?

My suggestion? Get rid of any task killers, virus software. If you don't have any of that then do a Factory Data Reset out of your privacy section.

If that doesn't fix it, go back to stock and tell Verizon you want another phone.

cbushnell

Reaction score
Could be a hardware issue, but try sapphire without any themes, particularly no dialer themes and see if it helps

713King

Reaction score
I have a similar problem, when I'm in a call I accidentally hang up on the person I'm talking to with my face. It starts pushing buttons and other things and the proximity sensor wont work at all. Is it defective or I would have to do a Factory Reset?