Programs/Icons

kpoker

Reaction score
So basically fairly new to the d4. It has a whole lot of programs and icons. Can some of these be uninstalled or do people just keep all of them?

Not sure of any pro's or con's with keeping vs getting rid of.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Those are called "bloat" and verizon loves it. There is no way to get rid of it aside from rooting and freezing ( i highly suggest you do not delete it). There are topics in the d4 section that can answer any questions you may have in regards to rooting and what apps you can safely freeze.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

djb.617

Reaction score
i just send them all to hidden its the absolute safest way for me to deal with it and not mess up my updates

OP
K

kpoker

Reaction score
How do you send them to hidden? Seems like a good idea

djb.617

Reaction score
You go into the app drawer and long press the program its going to bring up a list of options and if its bloat ware it will sate send to hidden. If its safe to delete it would say uninstall

OP
K

kpoker

Reaction score
You go into the app drawer and long press the program its going to bring up a list of options and if its bloat ware it will sate send to hidden. If its safe to delete it would say uninstall

Great. What programs did you delete or find totally unneccesary?

djb.617

Reaction score
Use your own discretion different strokes for different folks ya'know? what ever you dont feel like using or keeping then hide

djb.617

Reaction score
sgm if he just sends them to hidden theres no risk of deleting or even having to see the app unless he goes into hidden drawer. it honestly was the safest way to get those annoying programs out of the way that i've come across

deadernie

Reaction score

I tried that and it just makes it a shortcuton the home screen.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
If you are rooted try app quarantine. It is free in the market and will allow you to freeze only apps. This will remove them from the app drawer. It is safe and extremely easy to use.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk