wifi connects to router but won't get internet

Big D

Reaction score
Heu guys.

In a hotel and paid for internet. I can log on, get signal but wifi icon will not turn blue. Won't get access but signal is strong.

Any ideas? All other devices (laptop/ipad) all work fine.

Thanks, gang.

I'm on a rooted, stock .219 D4

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
You may need a reassociate app. I've had that problem with before with my dinc2.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

OP
B

Big D

Reaction score
i forgot to mention that I'm in the bahamas so wifi is my only way to connect to the internet.

silverfang77

Reaction score
After you connect to the wifi, fire up your web browser and see if some kind of TOS agreement Page pops up. You often have to agree to the TOS before they let you on the Web.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

OP
B

Big D

Reaction score
Don't know why or how but the internet came just long enough for me to DL the wifi reassociate app. I've used it about 7 times and now it works. Weird. Thanks for your help gang. This place is the best.

Orlock

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I'm having the same issue with my D4. It will say it's connected to whichever wifi I may be around but it won't pull any data thru. What's a reassociate app? Is it tricky to use?

work4crown

Reaction score
My friend and his wife have Droid Bionics that could connect to wifi around town (hospital, McDonald’s, Starbucks, etc) but not to his wifi at home. They both had the 5.9.905 software on their Bionics. At his home he has a Netgear WPN824 v3 router (capable of B and G but not N) with fully updated firmware. The router was already set to channel 6 instead of auto and no mac filtering was turned on. When he would try to connect to the wifi at his house his Bionic would connect to the router but blocked apps from passing data back and forth and they would finally time out. The bionic would show a strong wifi signal and the wifi icon would be blue.
His encryption type had been ‘WPA-PSK [TKIP]’ and according to some forums we read that should have worked. We tried upgrading his phone to ICS leak .232 according to Some links to help you to ICS and back (updated 8/4/12) - Android Forums and we were very surprised that this did not fix the wifi problem.
It turned out that by turning off all encryption on his router his phone was finally able to pass data. I changed the encryption to ‘WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]’ and that seemed to do the trick for both their phones. I suspect that if you have a similar problem you could try changing to no encryption and if that works try one of the other encryption types and maybe one of them will work for you. I hope this helps someone get their Bionic and wifi working and saves you some time.

Pilot145

Reaction score
I travel quite a bit and I know that many of the places I stay let me connect to the internet via Wifi, but I have to open a browser and accept their terms and agreements or enter a password via the browser. So, if you're connecting and trying to go straight to Facebook, per say, it won't be able to browse yet, because you have not logged into the hotel network via a browser.