process com.motorola.service force closes

Mungo Baobab

Reaction score
D3, rooted. This just started today, and as far as i know nothing has changed in the last few days. yet i can not get any emails on my phone now. Keep getting the process com.motorola. service force close. I have some apks frozen, but have gone ahead and defrosted most of them and rebooted and still getting the issue. Any ideas what changed or why suddenly after 2 weeks of rooted and working fine this starts?

Mungo

Update: its FCing alot now. before it was just when checking emails. now its doing almost anything. I am wondering if I need to unroot and factory reset.

Last edited:

rygaul44

Reaction score
This is what one of my phones started to do, just take it to verizon and they will get you a new one hopefully, but whatever you do if you want a functioning phone at all, do not do a factory reset or you will be stuck in a never ending loop trying to set up the phone

OP
Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab

Reaction score
Okay now I need real help. I rebooted it and its just sitting at the Eye logo and wont do anything else. I pulled the battery as well. It goes to the motorola logo, then the dual core and stays on the red circle. HELP!!

rygaul44

Reaction score
Take the phone to verizon, that's what I did and I've got a new one on the way in the mail with free overnight shipping dancedroid

OP
Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab

Reaction score
Well just got back from verizon. They did a hard reset which lost root (of course) but the phone is back at least. Guess I will wait a bit before I re-root it since we have no recovery. the bloatware sucks, but its better than shelling out $450 for a replacement phone if it dies again.

OP
Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab

Reaction score
Change that root is still there. big shocker. but its still working.

rygaul44

Reaction score
wow, I'm glad to hear that your phone still works, at least someone was lucky :)

stabl4life82

Reaction score
Yes doing a factory restore doesn't get rid of root...you have to specifically unroot or sbf and of course there is no sbf as of yet.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab

Reaction score
Well its been 24 hours since the issue, and everything is running fine. I haven't yet frozen any of the bloatware since the issue. I figure I can live with them until we get a recovery option. I am just glad I wasnt stuck with a brick and had to buy a new phone.

Mungo