Problems with Liberty

idol

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of problems with Liberty GB. Is this because GB is so hard to customize or is it that Liberty is always going to have bugs that they won't be able to fix?

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
Well. Since liberty 1.5 I've been on Jrummys roms. 1.5 and 2.0 I would get daily reboots. With lgb .1 to now .7 I have had 0 bugs. Except the calandar which I don't use. I suggest creating a backup and just trying roms. If u flash a gb rom u need to sbf if u want to go back to froyo.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rcglider

Reaction score
There were random reboots with 1.5 or 2.0, so I had to switch until 2.01 (something to that effect), but since GB its been getting better each release. I've yet to experience any of the more serious problems people are reporting and have never needed to SBF since my first rom. I think 9/10 of issues are a result of operator error whether they realize it or not and the reason many or most have few or no problems is because we follow instructions very carefully, double check and recheck again before doing anything. It is important to pay attention to every detail.

That is not meant to be critical of anyone, however all it takes is one simple missed step or something done incorrectly that will mess up the works. That is my experience with these things.

So rather than panic or start blaming the devs, take a deep breath, take your time and make sure you read and understand everything BEFORE proceeding. Ask questions. And when the dev recommends using wifi for example, there's a good reason.

Lecture mode/off