**problems w/ add-ons? Read first***

dtdlurch

Reaction score
I apologize if this is a lame attempt to address the flood of questions and comments on several Liberty threads, but I thought I try to chip in and help out.

If you are having issues getting your add-ons to install correctly OR even show up, there is a 99.9% this isn't a bug or issue with Liberty ROM. First, you must allow the download to complete. Due to the servers being bogged down with God knows how many people trying to download the same file as you, this can take a VERY LONG TIME. I'm on an hour for the Music Mod myself. If you in anyway interrupt the download, or it gets cancelled by any other means, it will still claim to have installed on your phone. If you run the script again, it will install whatever file now exists on your card, which is incomplete. So, it won't install, but everything will seem hunky-dory because the script still ran appropriately.

In the event of a botched download/install, you must first DELETE the files before attempting to re-download. You can find these in the Liberty folder on your SDCard. (ex. 2dGallery.apk, musicmod.apk, etc)

It's gonna be awhile before we can download without a delay. This amazing ROM is garnering a ton of well deserved attention. Be patient and be at peace with your new found Liberty.

And once again, excellent work kejar and JRummy.

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
Thanks for the awesome work and update.

This might seem like a dumb question, but does this include theme installs or any files being installed? I have tried to install a couple themes and a file to stop throttling (from roooler dude), every attempt in recovery aborts.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
dtdlurch

dtdlurch

Reaction score
No such thing as a dumb question! Well...that's a lie. I'm sure we could come up with a few. ;) But, that wasn't one.

If any sort of zip file doesn't complete its proper download, any attempt to install will abort in recovery saying that the file is "bad". Just make sure you delete that file before downloading again to be on the safe side and avoid any hiccups.

mugsy77

Reaction score
Last edited:

Marius1

Reaction score
so what happens after you copy the file to the download dir? Just reboot?

EDIT: never mind, it looks like the toolbox is smart enough to know to not download when the file is already there.

Last edited:

Cloud36426

Reaction score
How do I remove an add on

Cytochrome

Reaction score

The only way I know of is to reinstall liberty without a wipe, its should reset the system apps but not the apps you downloaded from market. Can anyone else verify this?

Cloud36426

Reaction score

The only way I know of is to reinstall liberty without a wipe, its should reset the system apps but not the apps you downloaded from market. Can anyone else verify this?

Thanks for replying. Just be careful when scrolling through add ons. lol

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, theme and install add-ons is still pretty beta but they should work. A major problem is the pounding the server has had in the last 24 hours. Nevertheless, the code still needs some work and I was thinking of not including until later.

If you do not want to use the toolbox request for the theme dev to post a thread here so you can download it manually rather than from the toolbox.