BlurAlarmClock.apk won't install........?

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
After numerous attempts at installing the BlurAlarmClock.apk through the Liberty Toolbox as an add-on..............it just won't install. Yes, I have read http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/115524-problems-w-add-ons-read-first.html and made sure to get a clean download through Index of /files/developers/jrummy/JRummy/DroidX/ROM/Liberty/Downloads/toolbox_downloads. I love this ROM and can live with the deskclock alarm but would rather have the other.

Anyone had trouble installing? Am I alone?........lol! Any help would be appreciated.

OP
elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Let me ask this then............has anyone installed the .apk successfully? It will help me narrow down if its an issue with the add-on zip or me.

Sent from my DROID2

anrichardson

Reaction score
I have installed blur alarm clock just fine through toolbox, but i am on Droid X.

JRobzilla

Reaction score
Let me ask this then............has anyone installed the .apk successfully? It will help me narrow down if its an issue with the add-on zip or me.

Sent from my DROID2

Question for you, how big is the Liberty-BlurAlarm.zip in your sdcard/liberty/downloads folder? The one I've got (installed correctly) stands at 2.31MB.

anrichardson

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID2

Question for you, how big is the Liberty-BlurAlarm.zip in your sdcard/liberty/downloads folder? The one I've got (installed correctly) stands at 2.31MB.

Yea same exact size as yours. 2.31mb

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
I installed it just fine too but have ditched it for the free one on the market that has a star in its name. It has all the same features and many more.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

JRobzilla

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID2

Yea same exact size as yours. 2.31mb

Hmm, not sure then man. Only other thing I can think of is the zip also puts (or updates?) the com.motorola.blur.library.utilities.jar in system/framework (size 893.98k in rootexplorer). Maybe that's the fault that's causing it not to work for you?

Hopefully someone will give you better guidance man.

OP
elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys everyone. I am going to retry and download a clean zip from the phone. I will try again from my laptop.

Sent from my DROID2

anrichardson

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys everyone. I am going to retry and download a clean zip from the phone. I will try again from my laptop.

Sent from my DROID2

Make sure you are using Droid 2 rom, cause you are asking us on the droid x forum too.

OP
elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID2

Make sure you are using Droid 2 rom, cause you are asking us on the droid x forum too.

Yea, installed Liberty for the D2. Every other add-on works......and I asked where I could be heard. Traffic in the D2 forum is slower and figured it would get addressed here since the ROM was released for both.

I officially give up! Tried installing from my Laptop and D2, a no go.

Sent from my DROID2

anrichardson

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID2

Yea, installed Liberty for the D2. Every other add-on works......and I asked where I could be heard. Traffic in the D2 forum is slower and figured it would get addressed here since the ROM was released for both.

Sent from my DROID2

You can try one other thing though. You can try and install manually if you haven't tried yet.

Boot into recovery
Mount system
Go Back to previous menu(power button)
install zip
reboot

Only thing, i can think of.

OP
elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID2

You can try one other thing though. You can try and install manually if you haven't tried yet.

Boot into recovery
Mount system
Go Back to previous menu(power button)
install zip
reboot

Only thing, i can think of.

Nope, nothing. Also have tried with Root Explorer.

Anyone with a successful install care to upload the zip in this thread? Just for sh#!* and giggles.

Sent from my DROID2

MrKleen

Reaction score
I am sure you have deleted your previous attempts from the SD card before you try again?