Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Sorry, I didn't get home till so late I'd completely forgotten.

Since we're wiping the phone out and rerooting it then it doesn't really matter which stock SBF we use, but I'm going to suggest we try a 2.2 SBF to make sure your phone isn't one of the few that couldn't run the FroYo kernel (the bump to 800MHz was too much for some phones).

http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/OEM/VZW_A855_FRG22D_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf

If you get an update notice after installing this SBF, DO NOT INSTALL IT! It might make things more difficult. :)

OP
J

jadams7469

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll download the zip later this evening when I get home. I have some links to instructions for using RSD lite, but do you have a step by step that you would recommend?

OP
J

jadams7469

Reaction score
Well, I have bad news. I finally got around to flashing the sbf tonight. I went through the steps that you gave me to completion. I ended with a Finished and not a PASS, though. I rebooted the phone and it hung on the Motorola logo.

So, I tried to do the flash again, but this time it failed. I cant boot to SPR, but I can get to the boot loader. Problem that I have now is that I get the low Battery, Cannot Program message. Left alone, it finally reboots and hangs on the logo

After months of trying to get this phone right, have I finally bricked it?

OP
J

jadams7469

Reaction score
As an update to this saga, I purchased a battery charger. Charged up the battery and I was back in business. Using the RSD Lite and the SBF file from the link you provided, I flashed my Droid, following the directions until I received a "PASS" in RSD Lite. Unfortunately, the phone still hangs on the Motorola logo.

The good news is that I was able to flash SPR and flashed BB 1.1 using an update.zip. So, I am back to where I started.

The question that I have is why can I not flash anything ROM with 2.2? Is there some physical limitation with the phone? I can and have flashed earlier versions. Unless anyone has any suggestions, I think that I will have to live with the OTA update burning up my battery. Good thing I have a spare battery and a charger now :)