Problems since update

nhra1ss

Reaction score
My son has a Bionic that has had problems since the recent update.

First, it used to say "Droid" when he got text messages and now there is nothing.

Second, he uses speech to text when texting sometimes. Now it doesn't recognize him talking.

These first two things are about 50/50 chance they will work. When one works, you know the other will work. If he pulls the battery, they will start to work for a while, but will go out at some point later.

Third, the vibration doesn't work when you touch the screen. Used to vibrate for a second when you touch an icon on the screen or swiping to unlock or texting ( using the on screen keyboard ). This has not worked since the update.

Vibrate is turned "on always ".

Any ideas?

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
First things first: open the texting app>menu>settings>select ringtone>Droid>OK

Send the phone a test text and let us know if that helped.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Third things second: home screen>menu>settings>sound>make sure haptic feedback is checked

While you're in this menu, make sure silent mode isn't checked, and tap Volume and make sure the ringtone volume is turned up.

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I will check with him tonight ( he is off work today and I am at work). I did have him check in menu-settings-sounds to make sure it was turned on.

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
First things first: open the texting app>menu>settings>select ringtone>Droid>OK

Send the phone a test text and let us know if that helped.

Third things second: home screen>menu>settings>sound>make sure haptic feedback is checked

While you're in this menu, make sure silent mode isn't checked, and tap Volume and make sure the ringtone volume is turned up.

Ok, these are set ok. It has been working fine since the day I posted ( did a battery pull ), but he said it will quit at some point. We'll just keep up on it and I will post back when it acts up ( hopefully it won't,lol ).

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Ok, he just came in from work and all sounds are off again. Looks like it lasted 5 days since my original post. I double checked the notification settings in the text app and also went to menu/settings/sound to make sure all was ok there. Nothing is changed. I sent a text from my D2 to his cell and it shows up in the notification bar, so he is getting the texts and notification, but no sound ( "Droid" ) that he has set. He also showed me that if you go to change the ringer volume with the rocker on the side, you see the pop up showing you are changing it. But there is no sound as you change it up and down. As I mentioned in my original post, he said this all started after the recent update. Another thing I just found out was any incoming calls never have a notification sound also. The screen pops up and you can receive the call if you are looking at the screen when a call comes in, otherwise you miss it.

He is ready to go into Verizon and have them check it, but I told him that if he does get another cell, it will probably be a refurbished one. Is there any other option? Is this a bug with the Bionic?

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Refurbished phones usually aren't as bad as people like to make them out to be. That said, if it was me I would take it to a Verizon store and tell them everything you told us. It would be useful to take it in while it was exhibiting the symptoms you described. It's always easier to troubleshoot a phone when you have it in your hand, so they may be able to figure something out in the store. They also may end up replacing the phone!

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I think that is what he is ready to do. He has had so many problems with his last few phones, he seems to have bad luck. He thought it would be over when he purchased his Bionic. I think I will have him check with the store while it is acting up.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Refurbished phones usually aren't as bad as people like to make them out to be. That said, if it was me I would take it to a Verizon store and tell them everything you told us. It would be useful to take it in while it was exhibiting the symptoms you described. It's always easier to troubleshoot a phone when you have it in your hand, so they may be able to figure something out in the store. They also may end up replacing the phone!

Its nice to want to help your son out but yes, being a middle party can be a bit difficult.

More then likely if he would do a factory data reset it will clear up this problem. I'd try that before getting another phone. Specially since it started after an update.

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Its nice to want to help your son out but yes, being a middle party can be a bit difficult.

More then likely if he would do a factory data reset it will clear up this problem. I'd try that before getting another phone. Specially since it started after an update.

Thanks. Yes I know it is hard to help someone out, but at least I try. I will have him do a reset and see how it goes. I think he would be happy with that.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon will factory reset it first anyhow

----posted maxx'ed out----

OP
N

nhra1ss

Reaction score
That's what I told him they would probably do. So I am going to probably help him, since I have been thru all this on my D2, :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums