Text/Notification sound problem!!

cumminspower

Reaction score
Hello all this is my first post and thank you for your help in advance i have the droid bionic and i am having a slight issue with it, in my settings i have the text notification set to the standard DROID sound, but right now it is playing the droid sound when i recieve texts and the tweeters sound too. It is a tad bit annoying and it also will play vibrate twice too when in silent mode when i receive the texts too. Please any help would be nice thank you!! :biggrin:

mamawm

Reaction score
well, it almost sounds like the tweet app is somehow interfering with the text app but since i don't tweet i can't duplicate the issue you're having. maybe try turning off notifications in your tweeting app and see if corrects the problem with texts.

OP
C

cumminspower

Reaction score
I dont do twitter, the phone just plays droid and tweeters notification sound when i receive texts.

mamawm

Reaction score
this is just too strange.... it's a common thing when someone installs a 3rd part text app, they receive notifications from both the stock app and the installed app and they need to turn off notifications in the stock text app. but since you're running stock text i'm really confused. i'll hang in here with you though and keep giving it thought. maybe in the meantime one of the really smart people on here will come up with something i haven't thought of yet.