Problems flashing leaked updates: 5.5-7

ALFdroid

Reaction score
Previously I was running the leaked 5.7 leak on my phone and it worked amazingly. Then I tried flashing the theory from and I got stuck in a boot loop then I sbf'd back to stock. Now its not letting me flash the leaked update... help!!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
ALFdroid

ALFdroid

Reaction score
I didnt read anything there about reverting back to the old kernal and radio.

bigtex52

Reaction score
You can't revert to the old radio and kernel once it has been upgraded because the bootloader is locked. That is why the sbf method and pete's tools don't work.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can revert back to the old baseband, but that does you no good as far as going back to stock because the kernel can not yet be changed.

Is your phone still rooted? If not, use R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki to reroot. You will then have the new baseband and the new kernel (from you installation of 5.7.893). You can then stay with the .886 system, or flash one of the new roms that use the 5.7.893 system. That will give you better performance than the 5.7.893 stock setup (or at least is did on my phone).

BTW, here's the instructions for the R3L3AS3dRoot-43v3r-root procedure:

The following is just an FYI: I had to go back to stock rooted after I had a bad rom install. I used: R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki to flash back to stock rooted with Forever Root hack installed. I followed the instructions below (I just typed this from memory so hopefully I didn't leave anything out. If I did I'm sure others will point out any corrections that need to be made):

1. Extract the zip folder on your computer.
2. Navigate to the R3L3As3Droot folder you just created
3. ENTER AP FASTBOOT MODE ON YOUR PHONE [Both Vol Dwn and Up Plus Pwr/Scroll Dwn to AP Fastboot/Press Vol up]
4. Plug phone into computer
5. Double click the file R3L3AS3DRoot.bat for windows, MotoRooter.sh for Linux, or Mac-MotoRooter for Mac OS X in the folder.
6. Just follow the instructions on the screen
7. When your phone boots up and the Green Android is asking you to activate your phone, don’t. Instead do the 4 corners = Bypass Activation.
5. Bypass The Activation Screen: touch the top left corner of the screen, then top right, then bottom right, and then bottom left. This will bypass the Android Activation Screen. Then,
9. Set usb mode to Charge Only and then make sure USB Debugging is checked in Settings>Applications>Development
10. Resume following instructions on the computer screen.

Good luck.

Oh, and concerning your bootloop with Th3ory's rom, you probably had a bad install or a bad download of the rom. He creates very, very stable roms and I would not hesitate to do another install if I were you.

OP
ALFdroid

ALFdroid

Reaction score
Thank you for all our help!