Problem with Verizon email on Droid 2

CMD

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

My wife just bought a Droid 2 less than two weeks ago. We can not get her Verizon.net email account to authenticate on the Droid 2. It keeps saying the account name or password is incorrect.

We know this can't be the case as the email was just working fine on her Blackberry Storm, plus she can log into her Verizon email on the web and also via Outlook using the same information.. The problem is only on the Droid 2.

We verified all the server names, ports etc and even took it to best buy to have the Geek Squad look at it. Nothing.

Anyone ever heard of this problem before?

[email protected]

Reaction score
Help they say is coming

I am having the same issue with my airstream email account. All my others work, but not this one. After 2 hrs with Verizon tech support and the same with the email provider, I finally got someone who said it is a issue with the Droid 2. They have been told that in the next two weeks or so, they are coming out with a fix. Hope this helps.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

My wife just bought a Droid 2 less than two weeks ago. We can not get her Verizon.net email account to authenticate on the Droid 2. It keeps saying the account name or password is incorrect.

We know this can't be the case as the email was just working fine on her Blackberry Storm, plus she can log into her Verizon email on the web and also via Outlook using the same information.. The problem is only on the Droid 2.

We verified all the server names, ports etc and even took it to best buy to have the Geek Squad look at it. Nothing.

Anyone ever heard of this problem before?

I rarely suggest this but this sounds like something Verizon needs to be involved in.

PaulC

Reaction score
My Verizon mail was set up with some kind of wizard when purchasing it and it works flawlessly. Check these settings.

Incoming server: mail.verizon.net port 110
Outgoing server: outgoing.verizon.net port 587

Username is your verizon email address with the @verizon.net

robyn.t.mullen

Reaction score
When I bought my droid, I had major problems trying to get my verizon email to work. They replaced my phone 3 times. Reset and restored several times, etc. Finally after hours and hours of technical support over the phone, in the store and with Motorola, I finally got everything resolved. It appears that Verizon Mail is actually Yahoo mail which is in direct competition with Google. Therefore there is no rush to get the 2 emails to work on the Droid. The use of Verizon mail has been hit or miss on the Droid. Some people have no problems and some have major problems. The technician at the Verizon store finally got a Verizon Tech at their call site that knew what to do.
Go to the Market and download the application K-9 Mail. After installing it, use the same parameters you used with your Verizon Mail. K-9 Mail is identical to the existing email. Works flawlessly, and works faster. Once I installed this application, I immediately added all 4 of my email accounts and I have not had one problem. K-9 constantly updates and improves their application. I now have all of my friends using it and they too noticed an increase in the speed. Hope this helps.:icon_ banana: