Droid 2 Won't receive emails over WIFI network

goawaydoormatt

Reaction score
My Mothers Droid 2 will only receive emails over 3G... she has had this phone for almost 2 years now and this just recently became a problem, she is not very observant so I'm not sure EXACTLY when it started happening... I.E. when the new update came or when she last reset her phone... but its recent enough that she just told me about it yesterday... all other web based things are working fine its literaly just her email... any help?

EDIT: sorry i forgot to mention her SPECIFIC model... its the Motorola Droid 2 (a955)

Last edited:

davdhbnoit

Reaction score
I too have motorola droid 2. I am using it for one year, hope I shouldn't have this problem in my phone. So, I think it's the problem of connection provider...

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Mothers Droid 2 will only receive emails over 3G... she has had this phone for almost 2 years now and this just recently became a problem, she is not very observant so I'm not sure EXACTLY when it started happening... I.E. when the new update came or when she last reset her phone... but its recent enough that she just told me about it yesterday... all other web based things are working fine its literaly just her email... any help?

EDIT: sorry i forgot to mention her SPECIFIC model... its the Motorola Droid 2 (a955)

Is she definitely connected to WIFI? Sometimes the connection isn't established just by selecting the network through the WIFI menu. If that's not the issue, then she might need to wipe network settings and set it up again.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
From the message posted, I think the same, the network was not saved, and it is only scanning for a network, and not actually connecting TO her WiFi network.
Given the fact that the phone's service is providing access to the internet, the WiFi network surely must have been 'cancelled' upon disconnection.

Perform a connection again, and save the configuration so it will look for that connection on selection.
Back icon, settings, wireless & networks, WiFi settings, WiFi networks, ADD network, and enter the password, and encryption type being used and then select that network.
The phone should now scan for that network, and if set up properly, access that network.

You can also download an app on Google Play called: Network Info II, this will provide you with the AD-HOC channel (if used) and pertinent connection data, including signal strength.
You can also view your MAC address, in case you do not have it readily available on the bottom of your router/AP.