Problem with Tranquility

TheJester34

Reaction score
I went to install Tranquility 2.3.8a on my DX earlier. I wasn't sure entirely how to install it (probable first mistake) so I installed it like I would rubiX (system, data, and cache wipe). Now my DX is stuck at the first screen that says Tranquility. My battery was around 30% or so when I tried this, and everytime I go into bootloader to SBF it, it says battery low, can't program. Is there anything I can do to fix this outside of getting a new battery or a standalone charger to charge the battery back up (it doesn't seem to be charging at all on the Tranquility screen). Thanks in advance

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
battery wont charge in the bootloader so not really...

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
Ok, that's what I was thinking. Oh well. Off to Verizon for a battery tomorrow. Reckon you can't learn without stumbling a few times, right?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thats one of the more expensive lessons. id suggest getting the extended battery :)

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
I'm pretty good friends with the verizon lady in town. She gets me hooked up, so I may be able to borrow a battery and give it back to her later. Thought about the extended battery, just don't know if I want it or not (I want the Otter Box Defender, though if the Rugged will work with that battery I may get it instead). May get it anyway to have a backup. As it seems, you never know :)