Problem with SetCPU/Battery Left widget

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by debacle, Jul 11, 2010.

1. debacle

debacle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the SetCPU and Battery Left widget on my main screen and run a version of Froyo Kangerade with the 1.0 Chevy Med kernel. I have also experienced this problem running bb 0.4 and a LV kernel from Chevy as well. Since removing both of those widgets I am no longer encountering this problem.

So here it is, when unlocking the screen it is just black and shows none of my icons. A right or left swipe will not work, but I can pull down the notification screen. Basically, the loading of widgets and icons is frozen. Sometimes I get a FC, sometimes after a long time (30+) seconds it will finally show up.

Anyone else encounter this? I am going to let it sit overnight, then try it again in the morning. If I still cant replicate it with both widgets gone, I will try to add one or the other and see which one is creating the problem.

2. ytwokc5

ytwokc5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure all of your widgets are installed on internal memory and not on the SD card.

3. debacle

debacle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, started up fine and perky this morning. So it is obviously the widgets. Using Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->APP NAME, both of them look to be installed internally. SetCPU gives me the choice to move to SDcard, while battery the move button is grayed out. So I am assuming both of them are on internal memory. I will try to install the Battery Left widget, but I have a feeling that is the one that is causing the slowdowns.

4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Uninstall and re-install.

5. debacle

debacle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have several times after reinstalling different ROMs. Each time I clear the cache and completely swype the droid clean. That way I have a fresh groundwork to lay stuff on. I have switched FROYO ROMs (started at first leaked Froyo around FRF54 and now up to 7/7 Kangerade build) numerous times thinking that could be the problem, but it wasnt.

Ohh, and in SetCPU, I had no profiles set so it wasnt slow recovering from that. I did notice the slowness issue more often when the battery was < 60% or so, but it has occurred at all battery level stages.