problem with ad free android

noddy4us

Reaction score
hi guys can someone help me. I have just loaded Ad Free Android on my Nexus and it comes up saying critical error can not find root.
New to this phone and still learning.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Just confirming you are rooted and if you are, have you tried other root apps and did they work?

~it's not just a phone~

OP
N

noddy4us

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. I not really savvy with rooted or unrooted. Does this mean I have to do more than just download the app?
If so, how and what the hell do I have to do? Sorry for being a dope but I have yet to convert to Linux on my laptop too.
Thanks for you help.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
thanks for the reply. I not really savvy with rooted or unrooted. Does this mean I have to do more than just download the app?
If so, how and what the hell do I have to do? Sorry for being a dope but I have yet to convert to Linux on my laptop too.
Thanks for you help.

No worries, is always best to ask...definitely follow the link in the thread above mine and it will give you lots of info. If you do decide to root, definitely read up on it as you are going from the guest user on your phone (limited acceess to system info) to the admin owner (can access EVERYTHING)..Good luck and if you have other questions, just ask!

OP
N

noddy4us

Reaction score
worried still

I have read that doing what i want to do should have been done as soon as i got the phone and before i set it up the way i wanted it. I have read that by rooting the phone it will wipe out everything i have already done, is this true?
The last thing i want to do is do something that i have no idea what to do next or stuff up the phone. Not all of us Ozzies are gung-ho plus phone is too expensive to screw up as you all well know. I trust your leads on this.:hail:

steveil

Reaction score
I have read that doing what i want to do should have been done as soon as i got the phone and before i set it up the way i wanted it. I have read that by rooting the phone it will wipe out everything i have already done, is this true?
The last thing i want to do is do something that i have no idea what to do next or stuff up the phone. Not all of us Ozzies are gung-ho plus phone is too expensive to screw up as you all well know. I trust your leads on this.:hail:

Actually unlocking the bootloader will wipe out everything (not actually rooting). I waited a couple of weeks and should have done it sooner.