Ad Free problem?

loki993

Reaction score
Ok, so Ive been using ad free andriod for a while now since Ive been on Cyaonogenmod and it been fine. Problem is every now and then instead of blocking the ads I get a page cannot be displayed error with a link in it. No big deal right, well the problem is that whe that comes up it takes up the entire page of the app and half the time I actually cannot use the app becasue even if I try to scroll I end up clicking on the link its trying to send me to. So at that point it kinda defeats the purpose of having an ad blocker and also renders my app useless. Any ideas on how to fix that?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There has been a few complaints regarding Adfree Android lately. You may want to try another adblock app.

Khiraji

Reaction score
Adfree Android has been fubar for a while now. For blocking intrusive in-game ads (such as those in Angry Birds), try DroidWall. It's an Android firewall that can block network access for virtually anything. Angry Birds always thinks my phone is in airplane mode now, and it's silky-smooth and ad-free!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Adfree Android has been fubar for a while now. For blocking intrusive in-game ads (such as those in Angry Birds), try DroidWall. It's an Android firewall that can block network access for virtually anything. Angry Birds always thinks my phone is in airplane mode now, and it's silky-smooth and ad-free!

I still use Adblock Android for daily use. There are very few sites that I see ads on anymore. I'm not much of a gamer, but it's blocked ads in the games I have played. (Angry Birds, Can Knockdown, Papertoss, etc.)