Is root required?

jetguat

Reaction score
An OTA would cause you to lose root or if you temp unroot with root keeper (which would be the easy transition between root and no root you mention).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Something that I've curious about that I've not found clear answer on, and maybe you've done it, since you write about it in your reply above. You mention the temp unroot with root keeper. How you can easy transition between root and unroot. How does that work. If the phone is root.. click a button or something and then its actually unroot.. or appears (to apps) to be? then what, hit the button and its root again? Are there boots in between. I guess I'm wondering about the symantics of the term "temp" What I also dont understand. I've I'm rooted with a root keeper and I get and OTA (and loose root). How do you get the root back? the root keeper probably needs to be root right? so how can I "recover" root once the OTA removed the root?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Something that I've curious about that I've not found clear answer on, and maybe you've done it, since you write about it in your reply above. You mention the temp unroot with root keeper. How you can easy transition between root and unroot. How does that work. If the phone is root.. click a button or something and then its actually unroot.. or appears (to apps) to be? then what, hit the button and its root again? Are there boots in between. I guess I'm wondering about the symantics of the term "temp" What I also dont understand. I've I'm rooted with a root keeper and I get and OTA (and loose root). How do you get the root back? the root keeper probably needs to be root right? so how can I "recover" root once the OTA removed the root?

It backs up the su binary in xbin and simply restores it once you no longer need temp unroot. It doesn't fully unroot the device. Basically it just hides your root until you need it again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2