Problem loading UD 2.0

OP
VingInMedina

VingInMedina

Reaction score
Yes I am now. I still can't use SPR to install anything as an "update.zip" file. I tried a couple ROMS (UD 2.0 and LFY4.9) and I also tried to load a new kernel. Whatever I try to install, I get the message that the update.zip file is bad.

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First off, let me correct my past failure, by starting off with a thank-you. The great thing about this forum is the way that people will step up to help.

Well, I am with you in believing that it is my phone.

I just tried to load Liquid 4.9 and I got the same error.

I am currently running SimplyStunning 4.9, so I am going to restore the Ultimate Droid 1.0 backup that I have and see if I can install once that is in place.

If that doesn't work, then I am going to assume that somehow the SPR image on the phone has been corrupted.

If that is the case, I am thinking that I will probably need to go all the way back to stock (by using RSD to flash the MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.sbf file) and then going through the process to root the phone.

Or do you think that is overkill?

Edit:
Ok, I restored the backup that I had of Ultimate Droid 1.0, which was on the phone when I flashed the SimplyStunning 4.9 ROM. Same issue.

Thank goodness for backups! At least I have a working phone. :)

That's strange that every update gives you a bad file. You don't have any other files named update on your memory card right?

pierced_droid

Reaction score
Yes I am now. I still can't use SPR to install anything as an "update.zip" file. I tried a couple ROMS (UD 2.0 and LFY4.9) and I also tried to load a new kernel. Whatever I try to install, I get the message that the update.zip file is bad.

Can always install the Free Rom Manager and use Clockwork

OP
VingInMedina

VingInMedina

Reaction score
Well, this is a bit embarrassing.

Seems that the file wasn't actually being copied to my sdcard.

My computer is running Ubuntu and I've been copying stuff to my sdcard all along, but over the last couple days it wasn't syncing and flushing the writes to the external storage (my sdcard). Even though I did the copy, renamed the file, and verified the checksum of the file all on the sdcard, I didn't really have the file on the sdcard.

I discovered this when I used an ftp client to download the ROM from my computer to the phone and it installed without a problem.

So, now I know to run a sync and I am back to happily loading cool stuff on my phone.