Kernels for UD

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Thats probably what i will do...any ideas why though the 1.25 works fine but not the 1.0 with both being the LV version....

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm...not really to be honest. Chevy would probably know though. May be something wrong with that kernel.

Thats probably what i will do...any ideas why though the 1.25 works fine but not the 1.0 with both being the LV version....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Nevermind what I just said...I just flashed the LV 1.25 kernel & wifi is broken now with the 1.25 kernel as well....guess Im stuck with the stock kernel until next UD release...maybe I give slayhers a try...

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Its official only kernel that wifi will work for me in UD 2 is the stock kernel, I tried slayhers, chevys LV & MV, & LV sapphire & wifi does not work in any of them....which is wierd to I tried sapphire LV 800mhz kernel which is what UD 2 comes with & that no work either....guess im stuck with stock kernel...not that its bad, but battery life is so so with it, speed is good...

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
My Slayer 1.0 is working great with great battery life. Tried 1.1 by Slayher and battery life not nearly as good and homescreen not as smooth in changing.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Slayhers are nice and seem to run great. I am using Chevy 1000 ULV only because I love them :)
Me too, but chevy kept boot looping me. Ive been running the 1.25G LV kernel forever, and this ROM just doesnt like it. Did you step up to a standard voltage?

Truthfully I have had this Chevy ULV 1000 file on my SD card and I just flash it after installing every ROM. Never had issues

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Slayhers are nice and seem to run great. I am using Chevy 1000 ULV only because I love them :)
Me too, but chevy kept boot looping me. Ive been running the 1.25G LV kernel forever, and this ROM just doesnt like it. Did you step up to a standard voltage?

Truthfully I have had this Chevy ULV 1000 file on my SD card and I just flash it after installing every ROM. Never had issues
Me too, it ran fine until UD2. IDK what happened, but all is good now.

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Does anyone know that if you have Compcache enabled in Ultimate Droid settings (UD 1.0) and are using Slayers 1.6 kernals if it is truely working. How do you verify that Compcache is truly working ?????
There is a Slayer file (Slayer_Compcache_droid-1) in slayers downloads but I read somewhere it is only needed for CryogenMod.
Download terminal emulator if its not already on your phone. Open it and type in the following commands via hardware keyboard and make sure you hit enter/return after each.
Su
System/bin/compcache stats (if you get an error here its not running, on UD 1.0 I always had to open the emulator and type the following after a reboot:
Su
System/bin/compcache start
System/bin/compcache stats (this will bring up the compcache information if its running)

Sent from my D1 on UD1.0 @ 1Ghz

cellss01

Reaction score
I flashed Chevy's new (11/5/10) 1.25 kernel, and it is fine.
Where can we find the new Chevy kernals? I've always used Chevy Kernals on UD Extreme 8 and UD 1. I'm currently using a new P3 kernal and I'd like to try this new one.:)

smtom

Reaction score
Can anyone recommended a kernel for the Incredible that supports compcache? I'm told the stock kernel, Koush's #4, does not. Thx in advance.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

aDroidman

Reaction score
Do all kernels work for all phones? Or are kernels made for specific phones?

smtom

Reaction score
Do all kernels work for all phones? Or are kernels made for specific phones?

I don't think all kernels work in all phones. I do know for HTC devices and ROMs they are ROM 'class' specific - kernels for AOSP ROMs (like UD) shouldn't be run in a Sense ROM - HTC's can run AOSP (aka Vanilla) or Sense-based ROM's.
Sense is to HTC is what Blur is to Moto.

For further example, a Moto kernel wouldn't work in an HTC Incredible, a Samsung, etc.. - hence my earlier question if anyone knew of a kernel for the HTC Incredible that allowed for compcache in UD2.