1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

problem flashing rom

Discussion in 'Droid Rooted Help' started by mr.kyels, Sep 16, 2010.

1. mr.kyels

mr.kyels New Member

so before i smash my phone with a hammer i hope someone can help me. so i rooted my droid using one of the tutorials on here(how to root droid regardless of operating system)everything was fine i got root on my phone and sprecovery
    but for whatever reason i could not flash any roms.....so long story short i used rom manager flashed clockwork and now im stuck in bootlooping after trying to flash a rom through rom manager.i made a stock nandroid backup but for some reason the file cant be found(possibly because i created it using sprecovery and now i have clockwork maybe idk?)so i tried the sticky topic to fix this there is only one problem i cant seem to flash any roms in clockwork.i placed the ultimate droid extreme 8 on the sd but the rom either wont show up or it wont flash for whatever reason....thanks for reading and hopefully someone can help!!!!
  2. mr.kyels

mr.kyels New Member

update....ok i used rsd to flash sprecovery on my phone again hoping the nandroid back up i createded would work but of course it did not and it just said
    error:nandroid exited with status 25...please someone help!!!!
  3. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

4. mr.kyels

mr.kyels New Member

thanks for the replay.i forgot to mention im getting no tar archives found erorr
    when i choose select rom from sd. i have two roms the stock and ultimate droid on my sd but cant acess them unless i move them to nandroid folder wich is why i got error 25. any idea? im using a mac if that helps maybe something is wrong with the file types?
    on the root i have 2 roms
  5. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

So you have SPRecovery on now?

If that is correct:

Find a Rom you like, d/l and rename rom to update.zip (not update.zip.zip), put update.zip on root of sd card (not in any folders), reboot recovery (powering on while holding x), wipe Data/factory reset x2, wipe cache partition x2, install, allow install update.zip, install update.zip depreciated

Nandroid backups go in the nandroid folder for SPR and clockworkmod/backup folder for CW. Spr backups will not work with CW and vice-versa

Edit: sounds like when your backup was made it had an error which is why it won't load and it can't find the tar archives
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2010