"Preparing sd card, checking for errors"

ces

Reaction score
I was trying to take a picture and all the sudden my phone rebooted itself. When it came back on I had this warning "Preparing sd card, checking for errors" on the bar. Usually it goes away after the phone is done loading, but not this time. It doesn't go away and I can't access anything on my sd card. Under settings it shows that I have no sd card, but the card is there. Help please.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
try this

ok on the droid 1 i had to reformat my sdcard 3 or 4 times during usage over a year due to it becoming corrupt, so make sure to back it up regularly. But 1 thing to try is turn off phone remove battery. remove sd card put batttery back in than restart phojne let it boot into os without sdcard. than shut phone down and put back in sdcard and start back up. aand see if it doesnt recognize it correctly. if you have a card reader when its out of the phone you can try and aaccess the sdcard on computer and see if you can also. if you can back thtat puppy up. if not its format time :(

OP
C

ces

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. I tried removing it and all the other steps, and did not work. I also connected the phone to my pc, and still didn't recoognized it. :(

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums