Pre-order on site, pick up at store?

Dmw017

Reaction score
I ordered my Bionic from Verizon over the phone and it was here the next business day so if a pre ordered phone would take longer then what is the point? When you pre order something you should get it on the day of the release, that's how it should work. I've never pre ordered a phone so I'm inexperienced in that department but when I pre order video games they usually ship it(to me or the store I pre ordered from) a couple days before the release to get it to me the day of the release. I can't see how it would be any different for a phone. Now I don't know whether to pre order the G-Nex or wait to order it over the phone day of the release or go to the store. ARGGGGHH! :icon_frown:

Even if the pre-order does come the same day, I would rather go in-store.
#1 - Who knows when (or even IF) your delivery dude will show up
#2 - If you pick it up in-store, you can rejoice with other Android enthusiasts and get your phone as early as possible.
#3 - It's just not the same when this vibrator comes in a box to your lonesome (...Getting my Alienware shipped to my house just wasn't as exciting as I anticipated)
#4 - Shipping costs? Not sure if it's applicable here but I'd imagine there is most likely some sort of extra fee for shipping.
#5 - I'm sure the phone won't sell out if you get to the store at least before noon. Most noobs will have already thrown their wallets at Verizon for the RAZR or Rezound so the crowd for the Sexus will be next to nonexistent, just your local devs :)

mrmark27

Reaction score
as others have mentioned, i dont think there will be a big need for the pre-order. other than the event, theres been almost no advertising for this phone yet that i've seen. your droid-nerds will know about it and might go get it but general public wont be pre-ordering and prob would only get it after seeing it in the store and playing with it

Dmw017

Reaction score
as others have mentioned, i dont think there will be a big need for the pre-order. other than the event, theres been almost no advertising for this phone yet that i've seen. your droid-nerds will know about it and might go get it but general public wont be pre-ordering and prob would only get it after seeing it in the store and playing with it

Hey what do you think are the chances that the phone will sell out on the first day?
I have a class that morning and won't be out until 12pm. Don't want to miss it unless necessary.

Sent from the parietal lobe of your cerebral cortex.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It'll probably sell out just because they won't get a lot of units, but if you have a couple stores around you, I wouldn't worry.

Dmw017

Reaction score
It'll probably sell out just because they won't get a lot of units, but if you have a couple stores around you, I wouldn't worry.

Ughh crap :/
It's NYC so there are a lot of vzw stores... But also a lot of people >.>

Brimm

Reaction score
Eh. I think I am just going to go to the store about 10-15 minutes before it opens. I actually did that when the Bionic was released and there were only about 8 or so other people that were there (and they all arrived after me). And a few other people showed up maybe 30 minutes after the store opened. And this is a pretty large Verizon store so I'm not too worried.

I don't want take the chance of having to wait for my package to come if I pre-order. I just want to go to the store, buy the phone immediately, and speed home and bask in it's awesomeness. I've been due for an upgrade since July!

Last edited:

DroidSloth

Reaction score
Eh. I think I am just going to go to the store about 10-15 minutes before it opens. I actually did that when the Bionic was released and there were only about 8 or so other people that were there (and they all arrived after me). And a few other people showed up maybe 30 minutes after the store opened. And this is a pretty large Verizon store so I'm not too worried.

I don't want take the chance of having to wait for my package to come if I pre-order. I just want to go to the store, buy the phone immediately, and speed home and bask in it's awesomeness. I've been due for an upgrade since July!

I'm in a suburb in western NY, there was only 1 person there before opening for the Droid Incredible, but then there were 25 people about an hour before opening for the Droid X. I haven't been out for any of the more recent phones, but I know it can vary. With the potential for 3 blockbuster phones releasing that day, there could definitely be a line, but who knows what phone folks will be there for. I'll be chillin in several layers before sunrise with hot cocoa (or booze, hot cocoa flavored booze) to make sure I get mine. Not because I'm afraid it will sell out, but because I just want it first :biggrin:

Dmw017

Reaction score
I'm in a suburb in western NY, there was only 1 person there before opening for the Droid Incredible, but then there were 25 people about an hour before opening for the Droid X. I haven't been out for any of the more recent phones, but I know it can vary. With the potential for 3 blockbuster phones releasing that day, there could definitely be a line, but who knows what phone folks will be there for. I'll be chillin in several layers before sunrise with hot cocoa (or booze, hot cocoa flavored booze) to make sure I get mine. Not because I'm afraid it will sell out, but because I just want it first :biggrin:

That settles it :D
Eff Spanish, I'm going to be standing in line an hour before they open, like a champ. You're right, it doesn't matter if they sell out or not, I just want my Nexi as early as possible.

Brimm

Reaction score

Hmmm That is a good point. There may be more people at the store because this IS a pretty big release (bigger than the Bionic imo) so I should get there 30-45 minutes early and park in front of the store. I really want to be first in line to get this thing.