Pre-ordering vs buying on release day?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Ima wait and see if any amazing deals pop up.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I don't have the faith for that..not with a Nexus device :). With other devices, moto, htc, etc. I could see the price dropping a little quicker than a "Pure Google device". It is pretty much anyone's guess though.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not concerned with commercials.

Just want to walk in, pick up a Nexus after almost exactly 2 years with the original Droid and finally feel good about replacing it.

chewy74

Reaction score
I doubt galaxy nexus will have the following the iPhone does to generate the camp outside stores night before release.

Im not anticipating a problem walking in to my local vzw on release day and purchasing

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I don't have the faith for that..not with a Nexus device :). With other devices, moto, htc, etc. I could see the price dropping a little quicker than a "Pure Google device". It is pretty much anyone's guess though.

I just got a brochure in the mail from VZW today still listing the Tbolt at $250. They arent dropping the prices all that fast.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The Nexus could do well with the clueless VZW store walk in types. By now everyone knows 4G and they for sure know what a big HD screen is!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping Verizon keeps their branding off the front bezel on the Nexus because that front face will sell the phone by itself.

I don't think I've ever seen a nicer looking front face on a phone. No buttons, just a beautiful black slate waiting to bring me an ice cream sandwich.

I've always wondered why they put branding on the face of a phone, it's not like other people actually see the front of the face, just the user.

Slap it all over the back for sure, but leave us the front.

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Aww yea!

x5zc3l.png

alucard9114

Reaction score
I paid for my Bionic in cash when i returned it they said i needed to get a check mailed to me.It can take up to 7 weeks 10/09 is seven weeks so im hoping it gets here any day now and i can pick up my phone on release.

ashiyatl

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a nicer looking front face on a phone. No buttons, just a beautiful black slate waiting to bring me an ice cream sandwich.

LMFAO.

I just want you to know that yesterday my wife's car had a blowout on a set of brand new tires I put on last week, today started with a huge proposal being rejected by three of my professors, and finally someone hit my car which resulted in $4k of no/equal fault damage. My week has sucked majorly, and you sir, just made me laugh. Thank you. :)

alucard9114

Reaction score
When i got the Bionic i was one of three people there on opening and one guy was exchanging a Charge for a Iphone.
where i live in san diego everyone has an iphone so i wont need to worry about stock.;)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I put my original Droid up to that picture and just felt sad =P

It's crazy to think though that the OG is only 3.7'' and the i*hone is 3.5''.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Note is huge lol, glad they kept it below 5'' on the Nexus, looks like a phone still.

pilot25

Reaction score
Nexus looks awesome but definitely won't sell out. I speak to your average android user and iphone user and when I speak of the Nexus they look at me like, what is that? I love the idea of it but lets face it, the average schmo out there only knows the iphone due to marketing and media attention.

I waited in line at launch day of D1 and they never sold out of them and that was a huge release. I should have slept in and got it at my leisure.