Pre-ordering vs buying on release day?

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I would rather chew through my own arm than buy another phone in the store! I love buying online!
1. I don't have to repeat my name and address a 100 times while the worker hunts and pecks on the keyboard.
2. I can see that my plan won't (likely) get screwed up, like it did EVERY time I've bought a phone in the store.
3. There could be 1 customer and 10 employees, and I'll still have to wait 20 minutes for my name to be called.
3. Plus I'm using someone else's upgrade, and I'm pretty sure the complexity of that transaction would make the salesperson's head explode.

Very true indeed, and by the time my local store gets them in stock (that's if they even can find it their "stock room, it took three trips to find the Bionic when I went in for a test drive, I almost felt like saying, "do you want me to go look for you, I'm telling you I know every store received a minimum of 5") the next greatest phone is being announced.

Ron

ice456789

Reaction score
If you wanted to take advantage of Costco's price on the Bionic you had to get there quick. It wasn't a problem anywhere else, but Costco had very low stock levels for the first week (6 per store). I don't think you'll have any problem picking one up at a Verizon store, but somewhere else that sells it cheaper might have limited stock.