Power Button on Replacement Phones

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
OK, so I just received the replacement for my replacement. The power button for the second replacement is definitely more raised than the first replacement, but still not as raised as my original DROID RAZR MAXX. I then went to my local Verizon Wireless store and spoke with a representative there. She verified the physical difference, so I know I'm not crazy. She was telling me that they are manufacturing the power buttons for newer RAZRs differently. I can't remember what she said, but something to do with a pin vs not a pin. Does this make any sense to anyone? Is this fluff? Should I opt for another replacement?

I find this unacceptable to me. It's not what I originally paid for. I might've mentioned a time or two in this forum that I am also disabled. I don't have the best motor skills/functionality in my fingers. Like I said, the way the power button felt on my original DROID RAZR MAXX was perfect for my liking.

TriciaH

Reaction score
If you have dexterity problems with the power button, there is an app in the app store called Awesome On Off. There is a free version that I used for a long time. You tilt the phone to turn the screen on. It works pretty well. You would not have to mess with the power button. There is a pro version also that does more but I tested out the free one. My power button is barely raised from the body of the phone.