Power Button

Dugall12

Reaction score
I bought my Thunderbolt on launch day and was never really happy on how mushy the power button was especially after coming from an OG Droid. I would always have to use my finger nail to activate it. After recieving a replacement Thunderbolt for other issues the new phone has a much better power button. In fact its WAY better, it has a clicky feel to it and works just perfectly (hopefully it remains that way). No more percision finger nail presses, I can just use the flat of my finger just fine each time.

When I had mentioned to the Verizon rep that the power button on my original Thunderbolt was mushy they said thats a manufactures defect. So maybe if your experiencing the same issue with your Thunderbolt's power button it may be worth your while to get a replacement under manufacturers warrenty. Hope this helps.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Mines too feels mushy and requires me to use precision, but I bought a Seidio case and that eliminated the precision issues because this case is designed with internal buttons that lineup perfectly with the phones buttons, a little piece of internal rubber presses down on the actually phone button perfectly when I press on the outside of the rubber button. It's by far the coolest case I've owned.

OP
D

Dugall12

Reaction score
Mines too feels mushy and requires me to use precision, but I bought a Seidio case and that eliminated the precision issues because this case is designed with internal buttons that lineup perfectly with the phones buttons, a little piece of internal rubber presses down on the actually phone button perfectly when I press on the outside of the rubber button. It's by far the coolest case I've owned.

I'm waiting for the Seido case that has extended battery support until then I'm riding bare back. Now that I got a phone with a working power button I'm happy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

HACKNSACK44

Reaction score
Is there anyway to bypass pressing the power button? I'm paralized and can't push it. I'm able to wake it with my BT but it goes to voice command and I don't need that. Thanks

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Button Remapper can do that for you I think. CM7 has the option for that built in.

CM74DX

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately yes. I have the Button Remapper file if you do root. If you need help, let me know and I can walk you through it.

CM74DX

HACKNSACK44

Reaction score
Is there anyway to bypass pressing the power button? I'm paralized and can't push it. I'm able to wake it with my BT but it goes to voice command and I don't need that. Thanks

angelbabii25

Reaction score
so my OG droid is literally on its last leg. Now it decided to conch out and the power button is not working. its worn down and is stuck. My warranty expired in July. Is there anything I can do to save my OG droid till my upgrade in march? Please let me know!
Thanks!

Durandgir

Reaction score
Oh man the infamous power button issue. I've had 3 droids do the same exact thing -_- lucky I pay the warranty thing each month so they replace it. Well if you are rooted I know that most CM7 roms have the volume rocker wake so that you can use that too wake it. Also in the droid hacking section in simply stunning there is a topic about this, they were talking about remapping buttons. but good luck I hope you can fix this annoying issue

angelbabii25

Reaction score
Oh man the infamous power button issue. I've had 3 droids do the same exact thing -_- lucky I pay the warranty thing each month so they replace it. Well if you are rooted I know that most CM7 roms have the volume rocker wake so that you can use that too wake it. Also in the droid hacking section in simply stunning there is a topic about this, they were talking about remapping buttons. but good luck I hope you can fix this annoying issue

lol thanks, I've had 6 droids, but none had this problem, I was so sad lol. I went to verizon to see if they could fix the button, but they said it was so worn out and really dug in there; that they couldn't do anything :( However, I switched over to the Droid Pro yesterday afternoon. I'm just worried that the power button on this on will deteriorate also. hopefully not.

Durandgir

Reaction score
I really hate the power button issue, i'm afraid my current droid is about to experience this issue.again. But I wish you luck with your droid pro. I don't think it would experience it, I think Motorola has addressed it with their newer phones because I remember the reading the X did the same thing.

angelbabii25

Reaction score
hey! thank you! yeah, I hope it doesn't happen. However, I did pry the button out with a screwdriver, but it sank back in :frown: The droid pro is alot different than the droid! its nice, but I miss my droid lol.
Keep me updated about your droid, I'm curious now lol.