How is your click?

• Mushy + Click

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Solid Click. Solid Button. No wiggle.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crafty Droid

Reaction score
I just got my Droid but the power button seems to feel mushy clicky instead of how a button should feel with a proper click when engaging. What about you guys? Mine like mushy click feel but if I press dead center then its a near perfect less mushy click.

When I push it with my nail I can actually hear the click too but when using the pad of my fingers I can feel it a little but not that much.

Also there is a little give in the section and the side of the button away from the headphone jack goes in further before engaging while its instant on the side of the button close the headphone jack.

Overall, its not a completely sturdy fixed button for me that just moves laterally and has no give.

msmojorisin

Reaction score
mine is mushy but it does have a click to it... as long as it works when i push it, I am happy! :)

karmajay

Reaction score
Why do people even turn their phone off? I've turned my phone off once since I bought just to see the droid red eye since I missed it when the rep at VZW turned it on. :)

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Why do people even turn their phone off? I've turned my phone off once since I bought just to see the droid red eye since I missed it when the rep at VZW turned it on. :)

I don't know about you, but the power button we are discussing is the only way I know of to turn the Droid ON after the screen has powered-off.

Get it now? ;)

I use mine constantly, and I hate it. I think it is far to wimpy for a button that gets used continuously. :mad:

Litrekid

Reaction score
Mine is very mushy and its hard to tell if im even depressing it. The one I had before had much more solid feel.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine is small and black and is locate, er, ok ....

The reason they all have that "mush" to them is (IMO) no matter how you design it, you're taking a larger button to press on a smaller one on the ckt board...

The larger button will have some give to it, look at your volume rocker ...

karmajay

Reaction score

I don't know about you, but the power button we are discussing is the only way I know of to turn the Droid ON after the screen has powered-off.

Get it now? ;)

I use mine constantly, and I hate it. I think it is far to wimpy for a button that gets used continuously. :mad:

haha, guess I misunderstood the context of the question. :)

Guindalf

Reaction score
Funny, when I press the button on he top of MY Droid, the screen lights up indicating that I've pressed it!

People want MORE than this?

SilentEcho

Reaction score
Yup, mine feels pretty mushy too. Not sure if I should bother exchanging it or if they're all just built like that. Pretty annoying.

Kwaidroid20

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Mini
My button is just fine the way it is I'm used to it and it works it clicks and I usually press it with my right index and its good not mushy its solid plastic.