Power and volume buttons difficult to press

steve13

Reaction score
I just got my Inc 2 over the weekend and love it except one issue, the power and volume buttons are being difficult. The buttons don't have the same tactile feeling of actually being pressed like the buttons on my OG droid did and I'm finding it difficult to easily press the power button without making a concerted effort. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this, or is my unit defective in some way?

anguish

Reaction score
I would take it back to the store and try the buttons on a different unit. I've found that mine seem easier to press than my D2G. I've accidentally hit them a few times and turned something up or down when I didn't want to.

idmo

Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting used to my I2 buttons, I'm also coming from an OG Droid. I don't think it's a hardware problem though.

OP
S

steve13

Reaction score
Well I just got back from Verizon and they switched it out no problem and the new unit is way more responsive. However with HTC's fancy little rotating soft keys the search button has some light bleeding when in portrait mode. I'm undecided if I want to change it out again, the search button still works fine.

anguish

Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked out. I have noticed some difference in the brightness of the lights of the "buttons" at the bottom, but some of it is angle related. Not enough of an issue for me to cause a fuss...it's great having a phone that works properly at this point!

info4tim

Reaction score
Had the
I2 since eel n replaced once already Really think speed responsiveness etc depends on the individual unit you happen to be "blessed" with at the time! Mine still has some unexplained quirks Keep swapping out till it just works!

Sent from my Incredible 2 via DroidForums.