Tired of Struggling to Press the Power and Vol Buttons?

RezoundHound

Reaction score
By now who hasn't noticed how difficult it is to press the power button and volume rocker on the Rezound. They're damn near flush with the phone's body. I think when HTC designed these they intended to make it difficult to "accidentally" press them. It ended up having the adverse effect. Now, you can't press them even when you're trying. I just received the solution in the mail.....a soft gel silicone case. I looked at a lot of silicone cases. Some have cut-outs for the the volume rocker and power button and some have raised buttons that are part of the case itself. These have the latter. Now, I can't believe how easy the buttons are to activate. It's just like a normal phone. The inside of the case has raised buttons that make contact with the actual buttons. The soft silicone material has two benefits. It provides excellent grip and plenty of padding should you bump or drop your phone. The best part of all is the price. They're only $5.95 with free shipping. I've seen other silicone cases that actually cover the stereo mics on the back of the phone. These don't. They have all of the appropriate cut-outs for everything EXCEPT the power button and volume rocker. Brilliant!!!

A word of caution. It appears that the BLACK case at the first link below has cut-outs instead of the raised buttons. Don't ask me why that one is different. Makes no sense to me. Must be a different manufacturer. There are tons of these on eBay. Just be sure to examine the enlarged photos to see which ones have raised buttons instead of cut-outs. The second link has a black case WITH the raised buttons, but it's almost twice the price. Go figure.

Wireless Accessories for Samsung, LG items in Aplusacc Inc store on eBay!

NEW BLACK SOFT RUBBER SILICONE SKIN CASE FOR VERIZON HTC REZOUND 4G ADR6425 | eBay

A better deal:

Silicone Black Cover Case For Verizon HTC Rezound + LCD Car Home Charger | eBay

RH

cp24eva

Reaction score
I don't seem to have that issue with the low profile buttons. I actually like that it's like that. Prevents me from accidental presses and in the future has a less chance of getting wobbly or nicked. I found that when using a case though then the buttons were easier to press. they weren't the cutouts. It was sold at the verizon store and the buttons were a bit raised.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea I got mine Yesterday and it is a little frustrating but in the long term I think it's an added value. These buttons are going to last. It will just take a little bit to get used to it.

I love this phone!

OP
RezoundHound

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty dependent on what size fingers you have. I can say this though. Since I put the case on, even with the raised buttons I haven't once accidentally pressed either of them. I mainly posted this for those who "DO" have a problem pressing them.

RH

Croonux

Reaction score
No problems here after owning the phone since 2ND day of release it now turned into muscle memory only time it trips me out is when I have my phone upside down

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
RezoundHound

RezoundHound

Reaction score
The Otterbox looks like a solid case. However, from the pics it looks like there's no cut-out for the two mics on the back of the phone. :wacko: These mics are essential for stereo video recording.

RH

Rip_in_LV

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link that isn't eBay? I really need a silicone case that will help extend/raise the buttons.

Thank you

OP
RezoundHound

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Try These

Does anyone have a link that isn't eBay? I really need a silicone case that will help extend/raise the buttons.

Thank you

This is an eBay store. That is, a regular store that also has an eBay storefront. It's not from a private individual. The price is a "Buy it Now" price, so there's no auction. If for some reason you just don't like eBay, try Amazon. Just make sure you examine the pics carefully to know if it has the raised buttons or cut-outs.

Looks like these are the same as the one I bought. With shipping they're $15.53.

Amazon.com: Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case for HTC Rezound: Cell Phones & Accessories

RH