Posting for school on the Android browser

shelnbay

Reaction score
It's impossible. I'm a University of Phoenix student and while the forums look beautiful in the Droid browser and Dolphin, I can't post a reply. I can edit the subject line but I can't find a way to type in the reply box. I can do it from Opera, but it's so cumbersome, it's barely worth it. I also can't scroll down in the thread to read more posts than what show on the screen. Any ideas for other browsers or changing settings or another way to access the forums?

Sorry if this is a repeat question, I tried several searches to see if anyone else had this problem and couldn't find anything. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

m~

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't recall ever having that problem with the stock browser. I now use a really awesome browser called Xscope. Maybe try that one?

OP
S

shelnbay

Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the suggestion. I tried it and it didn't work like I need it to, but it was worth a shot! Guess until they care enough about users other than iPhone users, I'm screwed if I need to post and don't have a laptop.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I can post at DeVry Online no problem. When I got my pdone the sales rep said he would have gotten a droid except he could post at University of Pheonix. Wonder what the issue is?

OP
S

shelnbay

Reaction score
It might be the fact that it's a newsgroup that's accessible via web forum. I'm not sure though. It could be the forum package they use too. I have no clue.

malstorme

Reaction score
I also am a University of Phoenix student, was hoping to be able to use the Droid for discussion questions, any luck with getting this to work?

tehpriest

Reaction score
Are you viewing the full site or the mobile version? If it is the mobile one then try the hack elsewhere on here to force the Droid to load the full version of the webby.

malstorme

Reaction score
Are you viewing the full site or the mobile version? If it is the mobile one then try the hack elsewhere on here to force the Droid to load the full version of the webby.

I haven't tried either yet, tonight will be the first time I get to try anything on the Droid as it came today :icon_ banana:

OP
S

shelnbay

Reaction score
I haven't found a solution yet. Two questions:

First, what's the hack for using full web version;

And second, what's the Tapatalk forum name for these forums?

rjax

Reaction score
To load the full web version, use the xScope browser. Go into Settings and change User Agent to Computer (or iPhone or iPad) if Computer doesn't work. If one of those does work, you can set your User Agent back to Android, then next time you're on the site click the Favorite Icon to the left of the URL in the menu bar, and you can set the User Agent to be Computer or whatever for only that domain.

wstagge

Reaction score
Found the SOLUTION~!

Buried in the debug settings is the ability to change your built-in Android browser to report as an iPhone, triggering the iPhone forums functionality on your Android phone.
Open your browser. In the address bar, type about:debug, and hit the Enter button (not the suggested shortcut).
If nothing happens, it worked. Select Menu, Settings, and at the bottom, UAString.
From the three easy options, select iPhone, and go back to your UP link or bookmark. When you click the link for the individual class forum, you’ll find yourself at the iPhone interface. Enjoy!

Here is the LINK:
University of Phoenix on an Android Phone | The Lab Rant

Shade0008

Reaction score
Try this! Im a university of phoenix student and it worked for me!

Hello, I know exactly how you feel. When I started my classes online a year ago I needed to be able to make my posts on the go. I couldn't make my posts via the android web, so I downloaded an alternate web for my EVO. Go to opera.com and they will provide you with a link to download the mobile web. If I had never found it I don't know how I would've made it. Good luck!