Missing Browser

Sports1131

Reaction score
I posted this in the Droid forum but I don't think that's device specific so maybe I'm better off here...

I received my Droid in the mail today and it seems to be in excellent condition. The battery seems to hold it's charge and I was able to wipe and then activate it on my Verizon account.

I'll wait a day or two to try loading a custom ROM (have to pick up a USB cable as I can't find the one from my BlackBerry), but I do have one issue that I'd like to resolve ASAP -- the default browser is missing. The icon is there on my dock, but when I click it I get a message saying "Application is not installed on your phone."

Can someone help me get this working? If necessary I can download Opera/Dolphin/etc., but I'd rather use Chrome.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Has the sd card been unmounted...checked for errors?
The only time I've had that error is when the USB connection gets interrupted before I "stop" the connection.

OP
S

Sports1131

Reaction score
I should probably mention that the browser was not on the device before I wiped it (which was even said in the eBay listing). I have tried with and without the SD card without any luck.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
What type of phone is it. I cant tell from this DF app. If its a D1, I could give you a zip with the stock browser this afternoon. Or get a different browser from the market. Xscope, Dolphin, etc.

Swyped from a Droid

OP
S

Sports1131

Reaction score
Sorry about that. Yes, I'm using a Droid 1. I'd greatly appreciate if you could upload the default browser APK for me! :)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You could just download one of the browsers from the market - xScope, Dolphin, etc. I think both of those work much better than the native browser.

Good luck.