Post Stroke Therapy Apps

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I am bringing my mother home from a rehab center next week post stroke. has anyone know or had any experience with applications that help with cognitive and speech therapy? the facility isn't any help. any recommendations would be appreciated.

Any recommendation for a dependable cheap tablet would also be helpful. Thank You!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Icesnake

Reaction score
Any recommendation for a dependable cheap tablet would also be helpful. Thank You!

I know it's been months since your post; I just started a search for the same apps, due to my wife's stroke 2 weeks ago. My hands-on experience with Android tablets isn't extensive, but the Kindle Fire impressed me quite favorably, and that's what I plan to get for my wife. A refurbished Fire direct from Amazon is $30 less than the MSRP of a brand-new one.

OP
2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your wives stroke. hoping the severity of her stroke is not debilitating. My mother has regained use of her limbs but memory and emotion control is a daily struggle. I bought a Vizio Vtab and it has been a dependable tablet for basic web and app needs.

I have had no luck with finding any apps created specifically for stroke victims. Have downloaded a few puzzle and word jumble type apps. Anything that requires decision making or deep thought should be helpful but avoiding significant frustration due to comprehension difficulties while the brain attempts to rewire it self.

I wish you and your wife success with the rehabilitation process. If I come across anything that I find great success with, I will post it back here!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums